CHAPTER 43

Habits Of My Heart - Jaymes Young

I let out a content sigh, my eyes blinking open as I snuggled deeper into the white, plush covers which were wrapped around me, a musicale scent that smelt like home engulfing me as I breathed in deeply. There was no mistaking the scent and I could breathe it in for eternity and never get bored of it. Tom. I smiled to myself as I sat up, pulling the covers over my bare body as the scent of sausages and bacon filled my nose causing my stomach to rumble hungrily.

I wasn't surprised in all honesty, I definitely worked up an appetite last night that's for sure. That night could easily pass as one of the best nights of my life, how everything seeming slotted into place perfectly and it was the first time in a while where everything had gone to plan... Well what happened in this room wasn't planned but, boy, was it a great idea on Tom's behalf. Quickly I slipped out of the bed, absentmindedly tiptoeing across the floor to where his shirt from the night before lied as I put it on to cover my naked body although the majority of my legs were still exposed.

Slowly I followed the scent of food wafting in the air to the open plan kitchen and lounge, and if my mouth wasn't watering enough from the delicious smells floating around his penthouse already, I was now practically drooling at the sight of Tom standing in nothing but his boxers, the tone muscles on his back flexing as he flipped over the bacon and sausages that were in the pan he held.

I could get used to this.

Quietly I made my way up behind him, standing on the tips of my toes as I gently rested my head on his shoulder whilst I planted a kiss on his neck, causing a deep chuckle and smile to find its way onto his lips. He placed the spatula on the edge of the pan, turning around as he snaked his arms around my waist lifting me off the floor in a tight hug as he placed his lips on mine. I smiled into the kiss.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." He teased, his lips brushing against mine as he spoke whilst our foreheads rested against each other. I smiled at him, my cheeks blushing slightly as his fingers fiddled with pieces of my chestnut hair, tucking the unruly stands from my bed hair behind my ears to reveal my face. I pecked his lips, beaming up at him.

"Morning..." I sighed, snuggling into the warmth that radiated off his bare chest that was pressed up against mine before I allowed him to resume to the food which had started to sizzle quite violently in the pan.

"Been taking some tips from Gordon Ramsay have you?" I commented as I watched him concentrating on trying not to burn the sausages, he playfully shook his head at my comment as I smirked at him.

"Definitely, that's why the sausages aren't burnt at all. If only you hadn't come in my top and distracted me." He said sarcastically, flipping over the sausages which were now looking slightly black on the bottom before he turned off the heat and began to serve breakfast. I giggled at his remark whilst I quickly rooted around in the drawers, getting out knives and forks. I handed him a pair as he handed me a plate with bacon, sausages and beans on it.

The two of us flopped onto the sofa as I rested my legs on top of his and began to eat. Although the sausages were slightly burnt they tasted heavenly and I let out a small moan of delight.

I could see Tom staring at me out of the corner of my eye as I looked out the windows at the sun which glinted between skyscrapers as I gradually tried to climb higher in the sky. His staring persisted causing me to look at him with a smirk on my lips.

"Why are you staring at me?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at him as he blushed slightly looking back down at his plate before he stood up and walked into the kitchen where he put his plate in the sink. He then disappeared into his office before walking back into the lounge as he tried to hide a smile which so badly wanted to spread onto his lips, I looked at him sceptically. He was up to something.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he sat back down next to me a playful smirk on his face.

"Hold out your hand and close your eyes." He instructed causing me to raise my eyebrow at him again whilst he began to chuckle at my stubbornness.

"Trust me." He whispered winking at me, I quickly gave in, holding out my hand as I allowed my eyes to flicker shut whilst Tom slowly placed something cold and metallic feeling in my hand which made my brows furrow in confusion.

"Open your eyes..." Tom spoke, making me open my eyes as they instantly looked at my hand which now held a key.

"A key?" I stated, slightly bewildered as he laughed flashing his perfect teeth whilst he moved closer to me his hand resting on my thigh as he caressed it gently.

"Amber... Will you move in with me?" He asked, his eyes staring into mine as I looked at him in disbelief. Instantly a smile burst onto my lips as happiness overwhelmed my entire body. Quickly I started nodding my head, my eyes welling up slightly.

"Yes... Yes!" I finally answered him, causing him to breathe a sigh of relief before he pulled me into his chest and planted kisses all over me making me squeal as I laughed, overcome with pure joy.

"I'm so happy you said yes." He sighed into me as I now sat on his lap, unable to wipe the smile off my face.

"Why would I say no?"

"I don't know..." He murmured, seemingly unsure as to what he thought could make me refuse such an offer causing me to chuckle.

"Do I seriously need to remind you that I love you and that I want to spend the rest of my life with you?" I joked making him shake his head in embarrassment as he hugged me even tighter, planting a small kiss on my shoulder which had become exposed from his shirt.

"I love you so much, Amber." He mumbled against my bare skin making goosebumps form on my skin due to the vibrations from his voice.

"I love you too." I smiled at him, snuggling into his side as he switched on the TV and just like that I came crashing back to reality as images and videos of me and Tom at the gala came onto the screen. Endless news reporters talking about the evening and the people who attended. I felt as if the wall of security I had built around myself whilst being with Tom was now crumbling down around me as quickly I stood from the sofa, my hands going clammy with anxiety.

"I'm just going the loo," I mumbled as I walked back to Tom's room not waiting for his response as I began searching for my clutch which I found on the floor before I picked it up and went into the bathroom with it. I sat there on the edge of the bath as I got my phone out holding it in my hands as I reluctantly turned it on expecting hundreds of missed calls and texts. But only one flashed up on my screen and my heart practically stopped as I read it.

Peter- I warned you, Amber.

10/7/2019

A/N- Literally can't stop writing at the moment :)))) Anyway, sorry to break it to you but Peter is back and this time it's gonna be a shit storm :| I hope you enjoyed this chapter if you did please vote and comment :) -Chloe x