CHAPTER 3

Stoned On You - Jaymes Young

"Gosh doesn't it look empty in here now." Christina huffed as we both squished the remaining items into one of the many boxes that now filled my derelict looking room.

We'd spent the majority of the weekend packing up everything that I needed to bring with me to the university which was going to be my new home.

My room looked foreign as I scanned the empty wall where my pictures of me, my friends and my family used to hang above my double bed which now only had a mattress, bare pillowcases and a duvet on it as I needed to bring my bedding with me, I had received an email the day after my successful audition informing me on what I needed to bring and what house I'd be boarding in etc.

I had pretty much packed up everything and the room looked bare as I went and looked out my small window that looked out into the countryside, with the tall skyscrapers in London looking like toothpicks on the horizon.

We had gotten up early so that we'd be able to hopefully get me settled in today, and a thick mist lingered over the green fields.

It felt weird packing up what had been my life for the past two or so years, so much had happened in this room from tears of joy to tears of sadness and it was like the end of an era as I walked down the stairs carrying the last box to the car.

I stood there letting out a loud sigh as I shut the door turning around as Christina placed her hand on my shoulder rubbing it gently.

She was taking me to the university where I would live and study for the next couple of months up until Christmas when everyone had family leave, not only was I starting in the middle of term but I was also a year behind meaning I would probably have to study loads to try and catch up with the others.

Starting late made me anxious as everyone had probably settled back into their friendship groups and I'd be the newbie.

Not only that but I would be learning about things I hadn't touched on in years like drama, for example, the last time I did it I was a sheep in my first schools Christmas nativity and that was most definitely not a star performance seen as I ended up falling asleep on the stage.

"Right we're all packed and ready to go," Christina said, swinging the car keys on her finger as she hopped in the car and started the engine causing me to stop reminiscing on my embarrassing childhood memories.

Peter was at work meaning that we were in the smaller car today and the car was packed to the point where I was scared that the doors would burst open as we sat crammed into the car with the majority of my life packed into boxes.

I took a quick sip of water, taking my pill before I looked at the house one last time.

This is it.

After having a four and a half carpool karaoke session in the car we finally arrived at the familiar fancy, iron gates which were open this time due to us arriving before curfew, I was much more relaxed in the car with Christina, she knew how to distract me from my thoughts unlike Peter who's presence just filled the car with awkward silence.

Excitement filled my body as we pulled up outside the blocks of houses before we stepped out looking at the numbers on the houses to find where I would be living during my time here.

"There it is, number nine! Have you got the code for the key safe?" Christina asked with an equal amount of excitement as I got my note page up on my phone and read the code out to her.

She quickly pressed all the buttons and pulled at the little flap which opened, allowing her to grab the two gold keys which she handed to me as I walked up to the red door slotting the key into the lock before twisting it.