CHAPTER 17

All Of Me - John Legend

Quickly I ran down the stairs, picking up the slice of toast which had been left on a plate on the kitchen counter, not caring as to what was on it or who's it was as I clutched at the flash cards I had in my hand.

I flicked through them quickly as I held the toast in my mouth, grimacing as the taste of marmite filled my mouth.

"Ew, ew, ew, ew." Quickly I ran over to the bin, spitting it out and throwing the piece of toast in the bin, a disgusted look on my face.

"Not a fan of my toast?" Tristan joked as he came into the kitchen looking in the bin at what was once his toast, I scowled at him shaking my head as I tucked my cards into my bag before walking over to him.

"No, who even likes marmite?"

"Me."

"No shit smart arse, anyway I've got to leave otherwise I'm going to be late for my first exam and I don't fancy having to explain to Christina that I failed because I'm unable to resist hitting the snooze button on my alarm. Wish me luck." I quickly spoke walking past before I turned around to face him again as a snigger escaped his lips, he was clearly amused by my disgruntled mood.

"Well I'm sorry that what I put on my toast doesn't please your taste buds, next time make your own. Anyway good luck, you'll do great seen as we haven't seen you in what feels like days because we were unable to get into your room due to the number of papers and books scattered everywhere. We were contemplating getting a search party to try and find you so we could interrogate you about your date with Mr Hiddleston, or should I say, Tom." He winked at me as I pushed him, making him tumble to the side slightly, his brows knitting as he faked being hurt.

"Bye Tristan," I replied, waving a hand at him as I walked through the door picking up the rolled up university newspaper on the doorstep, turning to hand it to him.

"I will await your return so I can get the details. Have fun in your exam." I rolled my eyes at him as he took the university paper with a smug grin on his face.

I sighed frustratedly, walking up the snow-covered road to the university, gripping the scarf around my neck due to the cold winter morning, dreading what was going to be on the exam.

I looked down at my watch which was strapped to my wrist, it was one of the very few things I had actually remembered this morning, knowing that keeping an eye on my timing during the exam would affect my grade massively since the paper was really long, with questions on pretty much any Shakespeare play you could think of.

I breathed a sigh of relief, I'd made it with about twenty minutes to spare miraculously, that was just enough time to either cram even more information into my brain or get something to eat quickly.

I opted for the second option, knowing that I'd regret it later on if my stomach started growling in a hall full of silent students.

Quickly I walked into the cafeteria, walking over to the deli section where they had smaller food items, I fished through the many healthy baguettes and wraps, frowning as I read the labels of all the ingredients making my stomach turn slightly, I sighed in defeat, assuming that all the slightly unhealthy food items had been taken first.

"Crisps it is then," I said under my breath, picking up a bag of Walkers Salt and Vinegar crisps, it was better than nothing, I placed the crisps on the counter as the woman clicked and tapped on the screen, her face glum and judging as she eyed me up.

"Eighty pence please." She stated pushing the crisps back towards me, I rummaged around in my purse, getting out a pound.

Quickly she put it in the till looking back up at me, handing me my change.