A light in the smoke

The house was two stories tall and made out of pure wood. I remember standing outside when I was younger, watching my dad chop the wood and make a blue-print. But now he's gone, he drowned. He never knew how to swim, which is why I never learned. So now I help my mom around the house, dusting, cooking, all of the essentials. I never really made friends, I was always thought of as a weird girl. Since I loved science and math. I love reading, especially fantasy and any historical piece. It puts me in another world.

My room has a bed that's very large, considering my dad built everything. He used sheep's wool that was woven into a soft blanket. The bed sat in the middle of the room against the wall as two windows were next to it.  As my vanity was on the left wall, showing all my perfumes. And the walls were just, wood.

I sat at my vanity brushing my hair and spritzing on some perfume. As I brushed my hair it bounced and turned into a fluffy long wave of raven black, as my bangs fluffed up and curled down my forehead, as my hair stretched all the way down to my back. I rubbed under my Carmel eyes that went well with my  mocha skin. I tied the necklace my father gave me around my neck and tied up the back of my dress that draped down all the way to my feet. The sleeves were short and over the shoulder as my dress was a lilac purple. Having a criss cross tie in the front as well.

Since I grown so much over the years, and not height wise, I've been having trouble fitting into my dresses, my breast push up against my dress and overflow, making me constantly pull up my dress, as my rear makes my dress hunch up more. But for my waist area, the dress won't hug it, making the fabric loose in that area. I went to my mothers room to complain about this.

*Ahem, back then it was unusual for a lady to have big breasts and a big rear, so yay! I get to write more about Aphmau being a 4 course meal to guys, IT GIVES MORE CHARACTER DESCRIPTION DONT JUDGE ME*

"Mother!" I yelled.
"I'm busy doing something," she retorted "yell at me later."
"But it's important!" I heard her groan from down the upstairs hallway.
"What?" She replied.
"My waist is too small, my boobs are to big, and so is my butt!" I whined.
"Well," she rolled her eyes "start eating so you can make your waist even to your breasts and rear."
"But mom! I'll just be unhealthy, I already get made fun of at school for being a nerd." I sighed and leaned over a conveniently placed wooded chair, giving the classic puppy eyes. "Can you please, please, please fix it for me?"

"No." My mom smiled and sashayed back to her room, " I have other clients that need their dresses fixed." I rolled my eyes and groaned "besides, you can sow it yourself." My mother replied.

It took me a few hours to get the hang of it but, I finally fixed the dress, making the waist fabric   finally tighter.
"I'm going out in the town, I'll see you around night." I yelled at my mom.
"Make sure to get me some milk!" She shouted back. As I walked out the door, slapping on some basic white flats, I headed towards the village. Inside the village was merchants and townsfolk scattered about. A sound of a bell rang in the distance, as a man in a red coat proceeded to bang it. Everyone gathered in the middle of the town as the man opened a scroll.

"Most if you know, the king, Erick Casmonia has died, the voting polls are now open, so far three men have been participating to be elected. We have Balto the 2nd, Ein the third, and Aaron Lycan." Chatter began to rise as I looked around cluelessly. He rambled on and on and I left.

Hours have passed and I picked up the milk my mother asked for, as I headed home screams arose.
"Fire in the woods! A house!" My eyes widen, as I rushed inside the thick forest.
"Miss! Don't go in there!" A woman shouted. As I ran through the trees, smelling the smoke and feeling it thicker and I got closer and closer. The house I lived in, I loved, burned to the ground. A couple of men pulled out my mother as I was filled with relief. She hugged me in joy as I cried heavily.

"Where are we going to live?" I whispered to her still hugging her.
"We always have my sister." She sighed "but let's not think about that now, I'm glad your safe."
"Me? I was worried you died!"  I broke apart the hug as my mother ran her fingers through my hair.

Change is coming.