Waking Up

Aaron's POV

I woke up to the taste of blood staining my teeth. My clothes were torn, and my hair was a mess. We had a dinner party last night with Balto, and Eins family. They talked, and talked, and some other family stuff. I guess I wandered off in the woods again, seeing my feet were dirty.

I washed up as my somewhat hangover washed away, remembering the beautiful girl I saw at town square, I wanted to see her again. I got dressed and let the guards know I was going out alone. The let me go, surprisingly. I rode my horse into the town square, searching for the girl. I eventually dismounted from the horse and searched on foot. Hours past, and the sky turned a dark blue.

With no luck, I unfortunately gave up and began to head back to the castle. But then, a woman by a merchant looked familiar, her fluffy black, long, wavy hair reminded me of her. I walked towards her, standing awkwardly behind her until she turned around surprised.
"Hi," My voice cracked "I'm sorry, hello." I shyly said.

"Hi." She said sweetly.

"I saw you in the crowd, and I wanted to ask you to come to the ball tonight." I handed her a letter, she kindly took it.

"What time?" She smiled

"Five thirty." I gave a grin.

"I'll make sure I'll be there." She giggles and walked away.

"Wait- I didn't catch your name."

"Aphmau, yours?"

"Aaron."

"I'll remember that."

"Same here, well I mean." She nodded and giggled. I stood there in awe at her beauty. "Aphmau." I repeated in my head.