Monster

I went into the basement alone  I didn't want Tae to get hurt, I climbed the steep wooden stairs into the basement. The Boss had turned the basement into a cage for Monster so he wouldn't harm himself the walls were padded and the floor was covered with thick mats, other than a toilet the room is bare.

               I heard a low growl then a loud thud as he slammed himself against the wall, I walked across the floor his head whipped around he stared at me, slowly he stalked closer. He whimpered, then sobbed sinking to his knees sobbing he wrapped his arm around my legs burying his head against my thigh. I reached down and caressed his hair I let him sob, finally the tears subsided he stood up pulling me into a hug" I thought you were dead" RM was back.

            I typed on my phone: I can't talk so I have to use my cell phone but let's get you cleaned up then we can rest he nodded. I headed upstairs he was right behind me he had ahold of the hem of my shirt. RM was the sweetest person you would ever meet but because of a horrible childhood full of violence and abuse he had developed a split personality out of self-preservation. 

                 I heard of an underground fighting ring so I had looked into it the fights were to the death I went to check it out that's where I met Monster. I was standing on the sidelines and our eyes met, he disposed of the other fighter quickly knocking him out, the crowd chanted "finish him" but he walked over grabbing the chain length fence that wrapped around the ring, he whimpered reaching out I brushed his fingertips, he refused to kill his opponent so he was dragged out of the ring the crowd booed loudly as their thirst for blood had not been fulfilled.

              I saw the clarity come back into his eyes the moment our eyes met, he was not a killing machine. I knew I needed to help him I saw him leave the ring I had one chance. I threaded through the crowd and snuck behind the scenes I found him in a small room a single man was with him he was jabbing him with a cattle prod, he was whimpering in pain. I knocked the man out RM looked at me in surprise" this is no way to live if you want my help come with me now" he looked at me for a moment then nodded, we ran out the back door racing to my car. 

                  It took me weeks to get him to relax he feared everyone he clung to me like a lifeline but slowly day by day he ventured out more and more. I took him shopping, to the movies etc, normal thing he had never done, I learned of his hacking skills, the Boss had asked him if he wanted to work for him he had gladly accepted, he had a purpose again. After adjusting to life at the house he insisted on going on missions, he knew how to use a gun and he was an amazing fighter he had grown close to Hoseok, Mark, Jinyoung and I, Tae hadn't joined us yet. The missions went well but one mission went south, Mark and Jinyoung were killed Monster came out and killed everyone in the building, Monster seemed to be our protector but I was the only one who could get close to him and bring RM back to himself.

       We went upstairs and directly to his room; he gathered clothes and took a shower, I texted the Boss: RM is back I'm in his room resting he immediately texted back: I told you to rest and you shouldn't be speaking. You better be back in our bed by nightfall or I will come to get you myself the only person you sleep next to is me I grinned was he jealous? I replied to him: I couldn't leave him like that, I will rest here with him for a while then I'll head back upstairs though if you don't come to cuddle with me I will go back his reply made me smile: over my dead body, let me know when you head up I'll join you.

     RM came out of the bathroom looking more like himself, sitting on the edge of the bed he pulled me onto his lap he leaned his head on my shoulder, we sat there for quite a while. There was nothing sexual in the touch he needed the reassurance I was here, to touch me, to feel my presence, we stayed like this for about an hour finally I convinced him to lie down and let Jin treat his wounds. I promised I would I'd be by his side the entire time finally he agreed, Jin came in with a med kit quickly he treated his wounds then left.

        I lie next to him, another hour passed, I listened to his slow steady breathing, Tae walked in I sighed in relief he was going to stay with RM for the rest of the night.