Going back

It took me an hour to calm down, now I was just angry, how could he confuse fear for teasing I told him to stop but he had held me down as I resisted, a shudder ran through my body, how could he! I trusted him with everything I had and he had just broken that trust, there was no coming back from this.

        Jungkook stood beside the bed " everyone is gone I hate to leave you but I have things to take care, will you be okay?" I nodded Jungkook looked at me with uncertainty in his eyes " he sighed " just stay in my room and rest" I nod, I wait fifteen minutes then go upstairs to the Boss's room, it's destroyed even the mattress was flipped over. I walked to the closet, pulling out my suitcase I packed quickly.

                I grabbed my toiletries from the bathroom and tossed them into the suitcase. I had to pick up my nightstand to retrieve my wallet inside. I called a cab ten minutes later I was on my way to the airport I bought a plane ticket to Busan, my hometown. 

           My father had died three years ago since I was his next of kin the house belonged to me, I was contacted by a lawyer the house was in terrible condition so I immediately hired people to renovate, it the house was gutted, all I ask was that they box up any family pictures they find hoping for a picture of my Mother.

             A short time later I was landing in Busan I waved down a Taxi giving the driver the address, as we drew closer I noticed how ran down our neighborhood had become most of the houses had peeling paint with sagging porches, lawns were overgrown and unkept.

              We pulled in front of my house I stared at it for the first time in almost six years, I climbed out. I waited as he pulled my suitcase out of the trunk. I took my suitcase in my hand passing him some cash I turned and headed up the sidewalk the lawn was well groomed the flower beds on either side of the steps well maintained. I jogged up the three steps the house was a bright white with pale yellow trim, my Mother's favorite color had been yellow she said it was a happy color.  

              I pull out my wallet the house key was tucked safely in there, pulling it out I quickly unlock the door and walked inside, the house had completely changed gone were the dingy white walls and stained dark brown carpet replaced by pale yellow walls with cream colored trim and sand colored carpet.

              I went to the kitchen my mother had hated the color, a dull olive green an tan but now a bright sunny yellow and white even the tile was yellow and white. I backtracked and headed to the living room I headed down a short hallway passing a small bathroom. I opened the door to what had once been my parents bedroom it had once been a pale cream color with pale gray carpet now was pale mint with a dark chocolate accent wall the carpet was a deep chocolate brown, inside the closet I found a shoebox inside was a few family pictures, I carried it with me as I headed upstairs down another short hallway and I walked into my old room it had once been pale pink now it was pale blue and white.

             I felt a sob lodge in my throat as memories flooded me I could smell the thick cigarette smoke that always hung heavy in the air, sweat, and booze, hear the heavy footsteps of my father as he stalked towards my room.  I whimpered dropping to my haunches covering my ears to block out the footsteps the memories pulled me under I was about to suffocate, a deep voice echoed in my head " baby" my eyes flew open expecting to see the Boss standing in front of me but I was alone I realized this has could no longer hurt me my father had died on our front step three years ago his rotten heart had finally given out, he would never cause me pain again.

         I had come to a resolution of that chapter of my life, I can finally move no longer did I carry hate or resentment for my father he had never coped with my mother's death, he had spent the last years of his life wrapped in grief not able to move on. I pitied him, but one day I hope to meet someone that loved me as much as he had loved my mother.