Chapter 10 - New Home

Demos' Palace ^

The ride there wasn't that long thanks to there technology. We came from what used to be Georgia which is now Crescent Moon Pack to Blood Moon Pack which is now Virginia. Since the New World Order the White House was taken over and turned into Demos' palace. A lot of things in America were changed like some of the statues in Washington were turn into the image of the new leaders. Although they share many similarities with our culture still our world has literally has been shaped into their image.

The car soon landed in front of the humongous palace. The door to the car was opened and Demos step out the car.

"Come." He commanded holding his hand out for me I took it. When I got out Demos put his arm around me tightly and walked me over to the palace front entrance. I saw staff standing outside the door with hands behind their backs and heads down. They stood there waiting for orders. We walked inside the palace and I was amazed at how the inside the was laid out. Once we were inside the foyer a lady quickly ran up to us and bowed her head.

"Master?" The lady said.

"Take Katharine up the room beside mine and find her some clothes for bed out of my room."

"Yes master." The woman said. "Follow me miss." I began to walk forward until my arm was grabbed by Demos. I turned to see him have a serious look on his face. He leaned down to my ear and whisper. "Try anything stupid and you will be punished. Now go." He released my arm and walked another direction. I rolled my eyes and followed the maid.

I was led up the stairs and down the hall until I final made it into my room. The room was beautiful. I think I could actually fill that shack I called home in this entire room.

 I think I could actually fill that shack I called home in this entire room

"Here you are miss. I'll bring you your dinner in a little while." After she showed me to my room left, I guess to attend to her duties. After a moments of just standing there I decided to look around my new room. I walked over to one door and it turned out to be a beautiful bathroom.

I went to the next door and it turned out to be the closet but it was totally emptied. After that disappointment I began to walk around the room wondering what to do or what's going to happen to me? I wonder if my parents or brother are okay. Maybe if I get in Demos good grace I maybe able to find a way to get in touch with them.

I laid on the bed looking up at the ceiling wondering how my life went from a simple high school girl to this. I rolled over on my side until I saw something small reflecting off the light from the sunshine coming through the window. I sat up and grabbed the glass object. It was thin and rectangle shaped. When I picked it up my thumb touched the screen and it had different options on the button, such as service or television. I clicked television then I heard a sound come from the wall in front of the bed. The opened wide enough for a big glass like the remote but was bigger; now on the wall. A computerized female face came upon the screen.