Chapter 25 - Getting Back In

3rd POV

Dallas and Katherine both ducked down as Demos walked into his office.

"Have a guard go and check on my mate I will be up there shortly." Demos ordered. We heard movement as Demos made his way around his office. Their hearts pounded in their chest as they listened.

"Kat, we have to go." Dallas whispered as low as he could to the point she almost didn't hear him. He did this knowing how well Demos hearing was.

They both looked around to see that they may be in the backyard behind some bushes that can be use as good cover from paroling guards. Leading the way, Katherine began to crawl on his hands and knees out of their of the area. One of the biggest concerns with Katherine was how where they going to get back inside without being noticed. This was too risky. Katherine's curiosity got the best in her. She not only endangered herself but Dallas as well.

Katherine continued to lead the way until they stopped when they heard voices approaching them. Both of them sat there for a moment as they listened for anyone talking about their absence, mainly Katherine.

Once the voice were no longer heard both of them peeked their heads over the bushes to see no one was there.  "Now Kat, how to do you attend to get us back inside without us being noticed or looking suspicious?" Dallas asked as they both sat back down by the bushes.

Katherine glanced at him and their surroundings. She had no clue what she was going to do. There is no way they can walk in without being unnoticed. "I don't know. Maybe we can find a back door or something."

Dallas nodded. "We need to find one soon because there are only so many bushes." Katherine nodded in agreement then motioned for him to follow. Katherine and him both continued to crawl trying to be quiet as possible as they looked around the area. Eventually they did run of bushes and other vegetation to hide behind. Katherine tried to keep her cool as she looked around hating herself for taking on the "leadership" role. 

They now hide behind a rather large dumpster that had a god awful odor. Katherine stuck her head behind it to see finally a back door. Joy and relief filled her until she saw two guards walk up to the door and stood in front of it. 'Darn.' She thought in frustration. 'They must have rotated post.' "Dallas we have a problem?" Katherine whispered glancing behind her.

"What?" He whispered back.

"The door is guarded by two guards."

Dallas let out a sigh of frustration and ran a hand through his hair as he looked around.  "May-"

"FIND HER! NOW!" The Demos voice thundered caused both of them to almost jump out of their skin. They both looked at each other knowing they were screwed. Even the two guards jumped. 

"Hey, one of you two needs to help Demos find his mate. She went missing." A voice close by said. Katherine and Dallas both looked around the trash bin to see another guard standing in front of the other two. Eventually, one left to join the other guard while the others stayed behind. The lone guard looked around with his high tech gun in hand ready for anything that came his way.

Dallas then began to move around with his eyes trained on the ground. Katherine looked at him confused. "Dallas, what are you doing?" Katherine asked as she touched his should. He seemed to tense up a little as he turned to face her. He relaxed some when he looked her in the face then he continued to look around again. "I'm trying to find a distraction." He whispered.

Katherine raised a brow in confusion. Dallas then stood his movements when he stopped something in the bush a little further from where Katherine was hiding. He looked over toward her and waved the rock that was now in his hand at her. 'The distraction.' Katherine thought with a smirk.

Dallas got into position and leaned back then threw the rock with all his might. A crash sound was soon followed after as it had landed on a statue that appeared to be made of glass surrounded by the backyard garden.

The sound of hurried footsteps was heard as the guard appeared in Katherine's view running toward the noise.

Katherine jumped when she felt a hand grab her elbow pulling her fast to the back door. She looked to see it was Dallas. His cheeks were red and his face drizzled in sweat resulting from the excitement.

They finally were only less than a few inches from the door when they heard the door being creaked opened. "Come on." Dallas whispered yelled dragging Katherine to the trash can again.

She had expected for them to hide behind it like last time, but no. Dallas opened the lead of the bin and held out his hand for her. "Come on I'll give you a boost." He encouraged impatiently. Katherine quickly took his hand jumping in the horrid smelling trash bin. Dallas followed behind closing the lid leaving them in total darkness. 

There was no way to get comfortable. It felt like they were sinking into the garbage. Katherine put her hand under her to help hold her up as she listened to what's going on outside.

"Have you spotted her yet?"

"No. Demos is pissed."

"Oh goddess. What has he done? I thought I heard a yell from the west wing top floor."

The man let out a sigh. "Demos has ripped the head off one of the guards who was guarding his office. He is really diving deep into his mate bond."

"Can you blame him though? The guard had it coming."

"What about the other guy?"

"Demos had him taken away for questioning."

Other guy let out a breath of relief. "Glad I was not on duty to guard his office."

"Same here." The other guy answered followed by the sound of footsteps. 'Are they leaving?' Katherine thought.

"What do we do now?" Katherine voiced her thoughts out loud.

"We need to sit here for the time being...no wait Katherine the tracker." Katherine could hear the panic in his voice although she could not see him due to the darkness in the trash bin.

"Oh my gosh, Dallas. I forgot Demos is sure to fin-"

CRRRREEEAAAAK!

Katherine heart almost stop beating as her breath became short. Her eyes were wide in fear as she saw light seeping into the bin until it became full of light. 

Her and Dallas slowly lifted their heads to find a smirking Xerous.

"Well look at what I found." He said smirking  as his eyes went to Dallas then landed on Katherine