Chapter 18 - You Again?

"I knew you look familiar." Katherine turned to Dallas and saw him smiling a little. "You were that girl from that auction place."

So, that's why he looks so familiar. "Yeah, I thought I recognized you." Katherine said as she remembered that embarrassing moment of resting her head on a strangers shoulder sleeping.

"Yeah, your the girl that thought my shoulder was soft enough to sleep on as a pillow." He joked with a smirk on his face wanting to laugh.

Bethany had an confuse look on her face. "You sleep on my cousins shoulder."

"Yeah, it was weird. She even drooled all over me." Dallas said with a fake disgusted look on his face.

Katherine's face immediately heated up after that false accusation. "What tha-"

"Seriously, Katherine. Eww gross." Bethany said with a smile on her face.

"No. Th-that did not happened, okay?" Katherine immediately said trying to defend herself. "Okay, I did sleep on his shoulder, but I most certainly did not drool. I don't drool, okay?"

"Woah, woah, Katherine calm down I'm just teasing." Dallas said with his hands up in surrender. "Is she always this up tight?" Dallas asked turning to his cousin.

Bethany turned to look at Katherine with a mischievous smirk. "Yeah, she always so worked up."

"What? I am not uptight." Katherine said crossing her arms over her chest.

"See there she goes again. Taking everything seriously." Dallas said. Katherine felt her face heat up once more for being so gullible.

"I guess I can't take a joke." Katherine said with a nervous smile on her face.

"Yeah." Dallas said chuckling a little. They all fell to an awkward silence. It felt weird to Katherine they were all acting like they were friends who have just been reunited. Well for some not others. Yet, here he was joking with Katherine like they know each other for years. To her he was just a total stranger. Nonetheless, it still felt good to have a good conversation with a normal person.

Dallas had almost forgotten about that short yet awkward incident with her. Seeing Katherine again jogged his memory of her. To him she seemed like an easy person to talk too and she seemed so innocent. That why it was so easy to joke with her as he did.

"So, uhm, I heard that you are the new Luna Prime." Dallas said trying to make the situation less awkward.

Katherine almost rolled her eyes at that statement. "Yeah, apparently."

"So, I guess you are getting the royal treatment." Dallas said.

"More like being an inmate at the Georgia State Prison." Katherine said.

Dallas happy mood turned to an angry scowl on his face. "Yeah I know the feeling. I am so sick of these alien freaks or whatever telling us what to do."

Bethany gave him a warning look. "Dallas, you must control your anger. What if they hear us?"

"I don't give a fu-"

"Dallas!" Bethany said with a angry expression on her face which is rare to see because all she ever did mostly is smile. When she is not being scared off by Demos.

"Sorry, Bethany. I'm just so angry." Dallas said sighing. Then walking away from them running a hand through his hair. "I can't wait until the group moves." Dallas muttered lowly but it was loud enough for both Bethany and Katherine to hear. Both women had an confused look on their face.

"What do you mean 'until the group moves'?" Katherine asked.

............

"Alpha Prime Demos, you do realize that your mate is human?" one of the councilmen asked.

"Really I haven't noticed?" Demos asked sarcastically as rolled his eyes. Demos was now sitting on his throne listening to a very boring meeting about the Winter Moon Ceremony coming up with his elder council.

"Well this would be the first human Luna Prime. How would that look a weak-"

"Don't you dare finish. that. sentence. Elder Councilman Rasmus." Growled not liking the disrespect for his Luna Prime. Demos never really liked the elder. He always found a way to find fault in Demos. He was the same one who spoke up against him when he first introduced them to Katherine. 'Some councilman he is.' Demos thought.

"You maybe head of the Elder Council, but you will not disrespect me or your future Luna. Understood?" Demos said with a very angry expression on his face.

The head councilman bowed his head respectfully to his Alpha. "Yes, Alpha Prime Demos. Forgive my outburst." The councilman said. Yet his apology was not sincere. He felt very angry how Demos could stand for this human. As Luna Prime? Rasmus has been against the concept of humans as mates ever since this thing started since they came to Earth. Weak humans should not be worthy of something so honorable of being a mate to a powerful Lycan such as himself. If anything they can bed a Lycan's bed warmer.

"We have been through this already Elder Rasmus." Demos said glaring at him. "You should have remembered the last time we had this conversation and how it ended." Demos threatened Rasmus reminding him of his last encounter with him when he went against him. Ramus felt a growl build up in his throat as he thought back angrily at that day when Demos grabbed him by his throat. He felt humiliated that he was treated like that in front of his fellow councilmen.

Neither the less, Ramus bowed his head in submission to his alpha. "Yes Alpha Demos...I do remember." He gritted out hold back the growl he still felt in his throat.

"I liked to hope so." Demos said now standing from his throne and walking to the center of the throne room. "Let gets something perfectly clear." Demos said looking around the room with a serious look on his face. "I am against the human race they are nothing to me other than cattle. But, in this situation this human is my mate and your Luna Prime. I don't know why in heaven's name the goddess would give me a human mate and I don't question why. So with that being said I would advise you not to cause any harm to my mate." Demos said now looking at Rasmus with a threatening look of red eyes. "Or the consequences would be deadly."

The whole room went silent after the threat. No, promise was given.

"S-Should we being preparations for the Winter Moon Ceremony." One of the elders in the room bravely asked Demos in his state of agitation.

"Yes, have a committee together about the decorations and invitations. While I talk to my Luna about what is to come." Demos said walking out of the throne room heading to where Katherine was. As he walked out Rasmus looked toward Demos way in anger.

.....................................................................................................................................

Rasmus picture at the top. 

Sorry if these past two chapter (17 & 18) were crappy. I am trying to update as much as I can before I start college. With that being said I may not be able to update as much as I want to, but I will try to update as much as I can.