Chapter 16 - Wonder

Katherine's new look. ^

Katherine's POV

My heart was racing a mile per minute I had no idea what was going on. I was freaking out because I had no idea who this man was and the way Demos glared at him. I did not know what to expect.

In a flash Demos quickly came to my side. "Katherine are you okay did he hurt you?" Demos said looking all over my body. I shook my head no. Demos looked over me again to make sure I was okay. He looked at me and then stood in front of me giving the mysterious man with a death glare. The man to seem to just only smirk.

"So, this is you mate Katherine I presume."

"GET OUT XEROUS!" Demos shouted with eyes full blown blood red. 'So this is Xerous.' I thought.

Xerous just smirked. "Calm down brother. I just came to see our future Luna Prime."

'Brother?!' I thought in shock. Demos has a brother?

"You seen her so get out." Demos said walking closer to him.

"Tsk. Tsk. Is that anyway to treat your brother."

"You are not my brother." After he said that they both just stared at each other with death glares. I just sat there awkwardly as they stared at each other. "Well DNA says otherwise ,but fine. I will leave, but I will not be able to go too far." Xerous said then turned to look at me a little longer than left. After he left Demos quickly went to lock the door and turned back to me.

"I want you to stay away from him." Demos said approaching me. "I don't want that mate less maggot near you. I don't want you to talk to him or look at. Do you understand?!"

I quickly nodded my head yes. Demos growled a little wanting a verbal answer. "Uhm, yes."

"Good. I will put guards in front of your room until further notice." Demos then turned to leave the room.

"Wait!" I said hastitedly. Demos turned to me with a raised eyebrow. "Could you please untie me? I promise I won't cause any trouble. I would not even try to escape." Demos gave me a skeptical look while I gave him a pleading look.

Demos sighed an ran a hand over his face. "Fine, but you are not to leave this room until I say so. Do you understand?"

"Yes Demos."

"Very well." Demos walked over to me and untied me. I felt so relieved and free when he took the ropes off my wrist and ankles. Yet at the same time as he was untying me I was praying that he did not suspect anything wrong with the ropes. Thankfully he seemed to not notice. As soon as the ropes left me wrist I rubbed my wrist and stood up.

Suddenly Demos grabbed my wrist and gave me a serious and hard look. "Don't make me regret it." He then turned and headed toward my door. "I will send Bethany in later." Demos said walking out.

After he left I walked around the room stretching my legs and arms. Then I decided to head over to my balcony and look at the view. Also, I needed to think. I hate the way he treats me. who does he think he is? Tying me up like cattle and treating me like an obedient dog. 

I ran my finger though my hair in frustration with the situation I'm in. Then I was pulled out of my thoughts with knocking at the door.

I sighed. "Come in." I said. I saw Bethany come in with a smile on her face. I was a little suspicious that she all smiley all of a suddenly. I mean what is there to smile about in a life like hers.

"Katherine, Demos sent me to see if you need anything." she said.

"No I don't need anything, but I do need someone to talk to." I said walking back to the bed and having a seat.

"Well I'll talk to you. What's going on?" she asked sitting beside me. 

I sighed. "I just want to be free and not tied up. You know. I want Earth to be the way it use to be." I said looking at Bethany. "I miss my family and friends."

"Do you ever wonder what your family and friends doing right now?" Bethany asked.

"Yes. I used to always wonder where my friends and my sister where all the time." I said as my thoughts went back to the last time I saw my sister.

"What happened to your sister?" Bethany asked.

"She was taken by one of those wolves when they first got here. We were running from a hotel we were staying at and my sister taken and we could do nothing about it." I said as tears threatened to spill, but I refused to cry in front of Bethany. I always hated crying in front of people in a way it felt weird. 

"I'm sorry about your sister. My mom was taken one of those things too after my dad died. Then my aunt stepped in to raise me and brought me here to work with her here in the palace."

"I'm sorry to hear that." I said. She nodded her head and both of us fell into silence. "So, why were you smiling earlier when you walked in?" I asked curiously.

"I think I saw my cousin come into the palace today." She said with a smile on her face again.

"Your cousin?"

3rd POV

Demos walked into his office and saw his brother feet propped up on his desk as he looked through Demos' papers. Demos just glared at him. Xerous sighed, "Yes, brother can I help you?" Xerous asked as he can feel his brother staring at him.

Demos let out a growl in annoyance. "You are testing my patience, Xerous." Demos walked over to Xerous and stood over him and giving him a deadly glare. If looks could kill Xerous will be dead by now.

"What did I do now?" Xerous asked innocently as he looked up at his brother and smirked.

"Just get out off my chair." Demos growled.

"Fine." Xerous said as he got out of the chair and let Demos sit there. Xerous went around the other side of the desk and sat in one of the chairs.

"You know your mate is really beautiful." Xerous said trying to get under his brother's skin. Xerous always enjoyed getting on his brother's nervous, it always amused him.

Demos just rolled his eyes and continued to look through his papers to make sure Xerous didn't mess anything up.

"So, you are just going to ignore me?" Xerous asked still with a smirk on his face.

Demos sighed. "Why are you really here? And don't say it because of the Winter Moon Ceremony."

"Let's just say it will all make sense in the future."

"What are you talking about? What are you up to?" Demos asked.

"Wel-" They both looked toward the door because of someone knocking on the door.

"Enter!" Demos said. One of the guards opened the door and walked in halfway and bowed.

"Alpha Prime Demos, Lord Xerous things have arrived." The guard said with his head still bowed.

Demos looked over at Xerous."What does he mean by 'your things' have arrived?

Xerous smirked. "Well brother I'm moving in."

.......................................................................................................

Thanks for reading sorry for the late update, writer's block. I am currently working on future chapters. Don't forget to check out my other book 'Superman Fanfiction'.