Chapter 33: Freedom on the Horizon

Unedited

Movement and voices were heard giving orders as the ship was about to take off into the sky. Katherine and the others crouched down and hid behind the many large crates. At the sudden jolting of the ship rising shook the group almost making them lose their balance.

After a moment, the sudden jolting stopped, then it was replaced by the feeling of the ship jerking forward. The feeling was unexpected which resulted in Katherine losing her footing. She would have feel over if it wasn't for the hands that gripped her waist. She turned to see Dallas behind her. He steady her to a balanced position. "Are you okay?" He asked. Katherine looked over at him and nodded. "Yeah." She looked around then back at him. "I think the ship just took though." She said referring to the 'jerked' feeling she felt.

Both her and Dallas moved back to the far corner of the area behind the group and took a seat. A sigh escaped Katherine's lips. She felt exhaustion as she rested her back against the wall.

For a moment, Katherine looked around the group and could read what they were thinking on their faces. It was the same thing she was thinking, that they have done it. They were on their way from escaping from the prison that was once their home.

Katherine couldn't help the smile that spread across her face. Freedom was just at her fingertips. 'Sister your sacrifice was not in vain.' Katherine thought. 'I will come back for you.'

"Katherine." Katherine turned toward Dallas as he grabbed her hand and smiled. "We did it." He exclaimed.

A smile formed on Katherine's face as well. "Yeah, we did."

..............

A black blur zipped through the trees in the dark forest. A few moments later a few more blurs followed behind it.

Feet hit the ground hard as the lycan leading his warriors with furry and with a bit of anxiety. The lycan, Demos, looked to be something out of hell itself as he moved within the eerie dark forest. He moved as fast as his legs could carry his wolf. He was so close to his mate that her could feel it.

A few moments later they had made it. The shipping dock was a bit crowded with crates and workers standing around them.

Demos immediately transformed into his wolf and marched over to the group of workers leaving his warriors behind. One of the men among the group of workers turned with his eyes wide and immediately bowed to the ground. The other workers turned to see why the man was kneeling only to see the Alpha Prime standing before them.

"Rise." Demos said impatiently. They all stood watching the Alpha in nervousness and in curiosity. "Who is in charge here?"

One of the warriors approached Demos' side. "He is my lord." He said pointing to one of their men.

The man who kneeled first approached the Alpha. "My Alpha." He greeted him.

Demos looked at him then around the ship's docking area. "It looks as if some of your ships are missing." Demos started gritting his teeth. He walked around the men to closer look at the flying 'spaceship'.

"Oh...uhm...yes my lord. They were sent out moments ago to a few territories over." The man replied.

Demos quickly snapped his head toward the man and approached him quickly. "When? How long ago?"

The man gulped as he looked at the lycan warrior then at Demos. "Uhm...roughly 10 minutes ago."

Demos growled as he stepped closer to the man nearly in his face. "Are you deaf?" He asked the man.