Chapter 22 - Escape Plan - Pt. 2

Katherine's POV

"What do you suggest we do?" I asked looking toward Dallas.

"Well from the meetings I had with the men before I was sold we discuss where we are going to meet. Bethany do you have any paper and something to write with?" he asked turning toward Beth.

She nodded her head. "Yeah in the bottom drawer." She said pointing to the small dresser behind him.

Dallas went over to the dresser pulling out a paper and pen. Then he started to draw what looked like a map. As he drew I began to wonder how much time I have left I know I have been gone for at least ten minutes or more. My leg began to bounce up and down trying to keep down my nerves as I thought back to Demos threat.

"Okay we are here." Dallas said pointing to the palace that was in the center of the city. "We have to meet them at the wooded area close to the border of the city. They discussed a rumor that there are people that help other people escape the city border. All we have to do is find them when we get to the woods."

"Woah. So, your telling me we have to travel that far from the palace? Dallas this is crazy. We are definitely going to get caught." I said in a panic. My nerves were wreck already about the little time I had and now this crazy plan. "Dallas, this plan seems even more crazy. The men you talked to are going off rumors. Also, there may be pack warriors on the border patrolling it."

Dallas nodded his head in agreement. "Yes I know that Katherine, that's why we are going to do this during the Winter Moon Festival that is this Saturday."

Bethany had a confused look on her face. "You want to make an escape attempt on the most chaotic day of the year. Lycans will be everywhere, Dallas." Bethany voiced her concern.

"Exactly. Everyone will be too busy to notice what we are doing. We just have to be subtle."

I began to rub my head in frustration. Dallas is making this sound all too simple when in reality it is not. "During the Winter Moon Festival I can guarantee that the palace will be loaded with guards." I said suddenly.

"Yeah, Katherine is right. I am also certain there will be an extra set of eyes on Katherine." Bethany agreed.

Dallas sat there in thought for a moment. All this sitting around is making me anxious. I really have to get back soon. "We just need a distraction."

"Yeah, but what?" Bethany asked.

"I will have to get back with you on that."

"Okay so what let's just say the first part of the plan goes smoothly. We act 'subtle' and we find a distraction to get out without anyone watching. But, have we forgotten I am one of the lucky mates of a lycan that got privileged to have a tracker in my arm. Demos will hunt me down before I can leave the palace ground." I said voicing my concern.

Bethany and Dallas just looked at me. Their expressions said it all that they did not think about that. In the middle of the silence, my nervous continued to jump all over the place Demos threat still swarming in my head. I know he will punish me, but I do not believe he would seriously hurt me. Yet, again with Demos you never know.

"Dallas, Katherine has a point." She said toward Dallas then turned toward me. "Katherine, mates of a lycan are not the only ones that have trackers...Slaves do to."

I watched Bethany rub the upper part of the arms where I am assuming she was injected at. This whole thing is becoming messier by the minute. Have these aliens actually won? Will I forever be Demos prisoner? Or will I ever see my family again?

Dallas cleared his throat and sighed running a hand through his hair. He muttered a few curses under his breath in frustration. Every turn we made in this plan making was a dead end.