Not Your Fault ~Ruby~

Warnings: None
Requested: No. But please send in requests I'm dying here
A/n: you're like ten-fifteen years in the future. You're a surgeon in this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   You opened the door and dropped your bag on the floor. You sighed and closed the door and taking your shoes and coat off.

  "Oh, hey! I didn't hear you come in. There's dinner in the fridge, but I can heat it up" Your husband smiled.

"I'm not hungry" you said shakily "I'm just uh.. gonna go shower and go to bed.." you tried to smile but it didn't reach your eyes.

  "Hey.. are you okay? Did something happen at the hospital? I saw that there was a fire on the news, and that all the people hurt were sent there" he walked up to you and put his hand on your shoulder, which you shrugged off.

  "Y-yeah.. Yeah, I'm fine" You sighed and walked off towards the bedroom. You opened the bathroom door. After turning on the shower, you practically ripped your clothes off and climbed into the shower. You took a deep breath as the tears rolled down your face. You leaned against the shower wall and slowly slid down.

    There was a knock on the door, before it slowly opened.

  "Hey.. I don't think you're okay.. do you wanna talk about it?" You swallowed and nodded. You shakily got up. You turned off the shower, deciding you would take one later.

   You took the clothes he had handed you after drying off. You pulled on the fuzzy Christmas pants on and walked into the bedroom silently.

   After you had gotten comfortable in his lap. You pulled him closer as you try to think of the words to say.

   "I lost a patient." You whispered "I-I messed up.. he was just a little boy.. he hadn't even seen the world yet.."

  "Hey, hey, hey.. it isn't your fault. You did everything you could"

  "I know.. he was just so young.. he wasn't supposed to die like that.. on a table. He should've grown up and gotten married.. lead a happy life. But that was ripped away from him tonight. All because of me, and my mistake." You sighed and closed your eyes. "I didn't expect him to have that artery.. the crown of death artery.."

  "Crown of death?" You nodded

   "Yeah, only fifteen percent of people have it. It somehow burst when the pole went through his abdomen.." you frowned and opened your eyes.

   "The pole was keeping the bleeding at bay.. and.. and when I took it out.. there was so much blood.. s-so much. How does such a small child have that much blood?"

   "It isn't your fault, you couldn't have known, love. You did everything you could."

   You nodded, "I know.. I know.. I-I just wish he would be taken out of there in wheelcair.. not a body bag.."

   He kissed the top of your head. "It'll be okay.. I love you"