Things Unsaid ~Ruby Martinez~

A/n: The first two imagines of the peter parker imagine book is up! Disclaimer: No hate to Olivia in this!
Requested: Yes. brandonarreaga7

(Y/n) (Y/m/n) (Y/l/n) liked Ruby Martinez for as long as she could remember. She wasn't sure when it started, but her feelings have been there for the longest time.

You vowed to never ever ever tell him for fear of ruining your friendship. You were living perfectly content, well sort of, you would've been happier actually being together, until she showed up. You decided to tell him, to finally change things from being left unsaid to being spoken.

When Olivia moved in things changed. Everything changed. Ruby began to spend more time with her, and as your feelings grew for him, his grew for you. Although, new feelings sparked up.

Feelings for Olivia.

He had stronger feelings for you, and he knew his feelings for Olivia would never be as strong as those for you.

He never spoke these feelings to you or anyone. He tried to move on from you with her, and he did.

Sort of.

His feelings for you were still there, and he knew they always would.

You decided to tell him today, unaware that Olivia and Ruby started officially dating three weeks ago.

He kept it a secret from everyone. Including you.

You took a deep breath as you knocked on the door of his home. You waited in agonizing silence as you heard yells from the other side of the door.

"(Y/n)! What are you doing here?" Ruby asked, a grin crossing his face as he opened the door.

"Ruby, hey! There's something I need to talk to you about.." You explained, nervously playing with your hair. Your heart sped up as your mind was flooded with thoughts.

"Oh? What is it?" He asked, coming outside to talk to you privately.

As you were about to say it, something changed. You decided against telling him at the last moment.

"Oh, uh, just that I'll be a little late for Olivia's quince practice this week." You quickly covered up, bashfully smiling so it seemed more convincing.

His smile faltered, but he quickly covered it up with a nod.

"Okay, thanks, (Y/n)," He whispered, a hint of sadness lacing his voice. "see you later."

You nodded and spun around to walk down the steps.

Your heart hurt, and you walked away with only one thing on your mind: You should have told him. That was the first time you wanted to tell him.

The second time was worse. Much, much worse.

It had been another three weeks. You took your final step into his living room. You took a deep breath as you sat on his couch, telling yourself you'd tell him. No backing out this time.

That's what you told yourself the night your heart was broken. You waited until Jamal, Monse, Jasmine, and Cesar had all left.

You waited until Olivia left the room to tell him.

By the time she had, your nerves had gotten the best of you. You didn't want to tell him, but you had to. You knew you had to.

You were going to tell him, you had opened your mouth to admit it when it happened.

Olivia sat next to Ruby and wrapped her arm around his shoulder. She planted a kiss on his lips before turning to you with a smile.

Your heart shattered, and your words were caught in your throat.

"Oh, sorry if PDA makes you uncomfortable."

"No, it's f-fine.." You whispered shakily as you stood up.

"Are you okay? You don't look too good?" She asked, standing and pressing the back of her hand to your forehead.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I'm just gonna go home, kinda tired" You explained, before quickly rushing to the door. Your feet pounded down the steps of his house.

Your feet carried you down the sidewalk, your arms wrapped around yourself tightly as a few stray tears fell down your face.

The pain in your chest grew as you had only one thought on your mind.

You should've told him.

You shouldn't have left things unsaid