Coming Out ~Monse~

You took a nervous inhale as you walked up the stares of your best friend's house. You were about to tell her the biggest secret you've ever had.

You like girls. You've always known that you weren't straight, deep down. But you never fully processed it until last year.

When you found yourself liking your best friend.

Monse Finnie.

It hurt knowing she doesn't feel the same. Knowing you don't have a chance, and knowing you never will.

It hurt like hell.

But you told yourself it was okay. That you'll be okay and get over her eventually.

But here you were. One year later and you've only fallen harder for her. You saw no other form of closure then telling her the truth.

Your truth.

That truth is that you were completely in love with her.

You stood staring at the door, having an internal battle with yourself.

Knock!

No. Don't, this was a bad idea. Go home. You aren't ready. It'll ruin things. Don't do it!

Just knock, do it. You need to.

You lifted your hand up and formed a fist, slamming it against her door you have a few firm knocks.

Knock, knock, knock.

You pulled your hand down and clasped them behind your back. You waited in silence, nervousness overtaking you.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" Monse asked, as she saw you after opening the door. "Are you okay?"

"I need to talk to you.." You mumbled, fidgeting with the end of your shirt.

"Yeah, come in." She stepped aside to let you in. "We can go to my room if you'd like?"

You nodded and followed her to her room silently, mulling over what you would say in your head.

She opened the door and you followed her in.

Sitting on her bed you patted the space next to you.

"We.. uh, we need to talk" You started, looking anywhere but her.

"About what?" She sat next to you on the bed and placed her hand on your knee.

"I don't really know how to say without being straight up with you.."

"Then be straight up."

"Before I do.. if you don't wanna be friends, or you think I'm weird, or something. I'd understand."

"(Y/n)?"

"Or if you want me out of the squad. If you hate me. That's okay!"

"(Y/n), no matter what it is. I couldn't hate you."

You nodded, and took a deep breath. You slowly opened your eyes and turned to her before whispering, "I'm a lesbian. I like girls"

"Really?" Her eyes widened in shock as her mouth fell open. You felf a sense of relief wash over you. Now it was out, it was true.

Your best friend wasn't mad.

"Yeah.. You're the first one I've told.."

"Well, thank you for trusting me.. and I'm bisexual."

"You are?" You felt a small smile slip as you stared at her with teary eyes

"Yeah. You aren't alone." She smiled kindly at you.

"Th-theres one other thing." You said, avoiding eye contact once again, "but I don't know if I can tell you."

"You can tell me, it's okay."

"I'm in love with you!" You shouted, wanting to get it over with and out in the open.

"You're what?"

"You heard me."

"I did."

"And? Are you mad?"

"No, I'm relieved." She winked, a teasing smile spreading across her face.

"Relieved? Why?"

"Because I'm in love with you, too"

A grin broke out onto your face as you threw your arms around her in a tight hug.

"Kiss me?" She nodded as she eagerly pressed her lips against yours.

Your lips worked in sync, as you felt all your senses drain, focusing on only her.

The two of you only pulled away for air, your breathing was heavy.

"Be my girlfriend?" Monse asked after she caught her breath.

"Only if you be mine"

"Deal."