Rollerworld ~Jamal~

A/n:  I wrote an over 2k word songfic and almost cried over it so that's that.
Requested by: swectpea
Prompts: None
Warnings: Steve Rogers would not approve of the language
~~~

"I can't believe we found it! This is abso-fucking-lutely insane! When we roll up with this bag of cash-" You grinned at the boy in front of you holding a duffle bag filled to the brim with money.

You and Jamal had been searching for the Rollerworld money together, and after months of searching it had paid off. You found it. You also discovered something else on the adventure, but this discovery was deeper and more meaningful to you than the money. 

You discovered feelings. Feelings for Jamal that had grown over the time you spent together. You wanted to tell him, and decided it was time. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but you knew you had too, and soon.

"I can't wait to see the looks on their faces!" He shouted, cutting you off, starting to jump around and dance.

A giggle slipped past your lips as you began to join him. You threw your arms up and began to jump around the room, unaware when he stopped to stare at you.

He admired you, all of you. The way the joy shined through in your smile, the way your e/c eyes shut, but he knew if they were open they would be glowing, all things he loved to see.

His eyes wandered down your body, taking it all in. He suppressed a smile when he noticed your f/c football jersey, f/n plastered across the front and back.

His breath caught in his throat and his eyes widened when you turned and saw him watching at you.

"Uh, ha, hi.." He whispered, eyes still wide.

"Why are you saying hi? I've already been here." You laughed and stepped forward to place a hand on his shoulder, "what's up with you?

"What do you mean? Nothing's up with me! I'm fine! Great actually, not hiding anything at all, haha.." He rushed out, raising his hands up in defense.

"Uh, okay.. You're acting weird." You said skeptically, squinting at him.

"Me? Weird? You're the one acting weird here."

"Are you sweating?" You reached out and placed a hand on his forehead.

"I don't sweat!"

"Obviously that's not the case. You seem nervous. What's up with that?"

Jamal stayed silent, suddenly going quiet and avoiding eye contact with you.

"Jamal," You started, moving him to sit on the bed, "you know you can talk to me, about anything, right?"

"I like you!" He blurted, pulling away from your touch.

"Pardon? You what who now?"

"Don't make me repeat it, woman.."

"I won't. I'll only make you look at me so I can say how I feel."

He stayed silent, but you could tell he was listening as his eyes trailed up to yours.

"I like you, too, you know.."

"Pardon? You what who now?"

"Don't make me repeat it, man.."

Laughter left your lips, warming Jamal's heart. He wanted to hear that as much as he could and as often as he could. You grabbed his hands and pulled him up.

"So, now that I know you like me and you know I like you.. that makes us?" He started, a soft yet teasing smile across his face. You laughed again and leaned forward to press your lips to his.

Your hands slipped around his neck as his moved to your waist. You pulled him closer as you backed him onto his bed.

Breaking apart when oxygen became a necessity, you stared down at him, breathing heavily. His eyes were wide as his hands gripped your waist tighter.

The two of you sat in silence for minutes before he spoke again, "Now, I really can't wait to see the look on their faces."