Promise ~Cesar~

A/n: What do ya'll think I look like?
Requested by: _futuremrsbieber_
Prompts: 9, "I love you a lot more than you believe" 20, "Do you believe in soulmates?"
Warnings: None
~~~~

You had good days and bad days. Some days you could remember him, other days you couldn't.

"What's got you in such a happy mood?" Cesar asked, sitting down in the seat accross from you.

"Because my boyfriend, Cesar, he's coming home in a few days! You see, he's in the Army, so we don't get to see each other much.."

Cesar's smile faltered. Today was one of your bad days. It hurt knowing you didn't remember him, at least not right now, but he had hope you would before he was deployed again.

You had dementia. It was extremely rare for someone as young as you, but unfortunately, you still had it.

"Really? Tell me ab-about him?" He whispered, with a hint of sadness in his tone.

"Well, he's this amazing guy. Right? And, I love him so much! He gets deployed for a long time, though."

Cesar smiled sadly, quickly wiping a tear away before you could see it.

"What if he doesn't make it home? He has one last, uh, mission to do.."

"He will. I promise."

"Okay.. good."

"He loves you, a lot, y'know."

"I know, I love him, too."

~~~

"Good morning, Cesar!" You grinned and pulled him in for a short kiss.

Cesar smiled when he realized what was happening. His arms wrap around your waist as he pulled you in for another kiss.

He gripped your hips tightly as he held you closely.

"Cesar, what was that for?" You whispered, breathlessly. When he didn't respond, your smile fell, "I forgot you again, didn't I?"

"It's not your fault.. you try your hardest."

"Ar-Are you sure you want to stay with me? With.. all of this?"

"Of course I do. I love you a lot more than you believe."

"Okay.. I love you, too." You leaned your head against his chest as you breathed in his scent.

The two of you stood in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's company, pulling apart slowly.

"What if.. What if I forget you again?" You whispered, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Then I'll be right here until you remember again."

"Promise?"

"I promise, Y/n."

~~~

"Do you believe in soulmates?" You asked, staring up at awe at the stars.

"I do, yeah. Do you?" He replied, watching you with a grin on his face.

"Yes! Soulmates are a beautiful thing! Someone you get to spend the rest of your life with! Someone who will love you, no matter what. Someone-"

"Y/n?" He whispered, his eyes glossing over as he stared at your contented look.

"Yes?"

"What's your favorite constellation?"

"Orion," You gently lifted your hand and pointed to it, "it's pretty."

He nodded and turned to get a soda can from the cooler. When he turned back, you had a bright smile on your face. Momentarily, his heart stopped.

He knew that smile.

"Wh-What's got you so happy?" He whispered, trying and failing to smile.

"Because I love you, so much, and I'm glad your home."