⇢ Chapter 22.

Chapter 22.

It's Monday afternoon when Shota finally decided to finish up his book. "Damn, it's so quiet here since Toshi and loud mouth are in school. I better enjoy it since they will be back soon." Shota say with a small sigh. As he was about to finish he hears a knock on the door. "Who the hell is that?" Shota thought as he got up to open the door.

"Open the damn door, you old man!" the voice on the other side made Shota stop in his tracks and moan loudly.

"Fucking Nemuri," mumbled Shota as he dragged his feet to open the door.

"It's about time. Why the hell you looking at me like that?" Nemuri says as she struts in the house.

"What are you doing here? It's not even Thursday." Shota asked as he closes the door, forgetting to lock it.

"Yuu made lunch and told me to bring you some. Isn't she the best?!" Nemuri says with a huge smile and holding up the bag. Shota, who loves Yuu's cooking, grabs the bag and heads into the kitchen.

"I'm not giving you none." Shota says like a child whose greedy.

"I knew your greedy ass would do that so I ate already plus, I had some dessert too." Nemuri says with a smirk. Shota just stares at her trying not to throw up.

"Anyways, what do you want? I'm not done with the book yet." Shota says as he started eating.

"I know. I only came because today is the last day of the bet with Mr. Sexy Coach. So I need to know if you two are still together even though I already know the answer." Nemuri says with a smile knowing they are both still together and Shota had falling in love.

"Ugh, I forgot it was today. Anyways, yeah, we are still together but I'm so glad it's done after today. I can finally have peace and quiet." Shota says it like he doesn't mean it but his facial expression says something else.

"Why are you never honest Shota? I know you love him and you will stay with him. Just admit it. We can end it now and call it even." Nemuri pouted, hoping Shota finally speaks the truth.

"What? How many times do I have to tell you? I don't love him!" Shota yelled, rolling his eyes.

"Shota.." Nemuri whispers as she looks past Shota.

"There's no way I can love him. He's annoying and clingy. He never takes anything serious and he acts like a damn kid. I can't wait for this damn bet to be over so I can finally have my god damn peace again. The only good thing about him is he's a good fuck, that's all!" Shota exclaims at Nemuri although everything he's saying is a lie and it hurts to even say it out loud.

"UNCLE!" Shota just stood there in shock once he heard the voice of Hitoshi. 'Fuck, like every goddamn story the protagonist gets caught.' Shota thought in annoyance.

When he turns around, he realized why Nemuri's eyes were looking past him instead of looking at him. Standing there was Hitoshi and Hizashi.

"So.. I was ju.. just a bet?!" Barely able to get the words out, Hizashi stared at Shota with wide, teary eyes.

"Fuck..–" Is all Shota can say.

———————————————————-
And the heartbreak begins 😪 I didn't want to write this but we all knew it was bound to happen. More heartbreak to come.