fifty eight

"new seats." jumi barked, slamming the math textbook on her desk to gather the students' attention.

"up here; sooyoung, jungkook, eunji—where is jungkook?"

"he's going to be late." sooyoung confirmed, sitting down in her new seat. "traffic is bad apparently."

"oh okay. let him know he sits here whenever he shows up. okay, behind them is seulgi, lisa, and chaeyoung—i trust that i can keep you three together without any disturbances."

seulgi shrugged nonchalantly.

"across to them is all three jimins." She snorted. "this should be fun.

by all three jimins, she meant shin jimin, park jimin, and jimin park.

"behind them we have naeun, yuju, and jihyo. not that row, but the row behind that, near jisoo's desk." jumi gestured to the student intern's grading desk in the back of the classroom.

"and up here across from sooyoung's row we have taehyung and jennie."

just then, jungkook entered the classroom with a late pass and a cup of coffee in hand. jumi nodded over at jisoo, so he meandered his way—slowly, to jisoo, passing the green slip to her.

"do we have new seats?"

"yes, right next to sooyoung."

"okay, thanks." he again, trudged back to his new seat, sitting next to sooyoung.

"here's your coffee."

"oh, i don't need it today. i got it from—a friend." she snorted at his exasperated expression. "sorry about that bubs."

"i don't even want this drink, oh my god." turning to eunji, he bit his lip.

"you, uh, want this coffee?"

"oh my jesus, jungkook you fucktard—" sooyoung and seulgi cursed under their breaths simultaneously, watching eunji take the thermos from him with a small smile and thanks.

lisa sighed, peeling her eyes away from him, chaeyoung pat her shoulder.

"he's just confused, lisa."

"that's not what i'm thinking about." chaeyoung was unaware that jungkook had confessed to lisa, and now all he was doing was confusing the hell out of the girl who sat behind him.

"you need to talk to one of them." jennie muttered.

"not today. i just can't."

"oh don't give me that bullshit." She hissed. "you have to! figure out your fucking feelings taehyung, it's senior year! don't you want to enjoy the rest of our year without being so conflicted?"

he sighed, glancing at jennie's profile, before staring back at the board.

"you say it like it's easy."

"of course it's not easy, but deal with the mess you made. see look at them, jungkook is more confused than ever, and lisa doesn't even know what to think anymore! you think that she doesn't like him? it's so obvious she likes him, but now she just has a reason to stay away because of his girl issues."

"not to mention you, do you still like her? because you better figure that out soon, and talk to jungkook."

"before it's too late."