eighty nine

there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

jungkook💦
can we talk?

lalisa🌈🦄
no|
idk|
what is it?

jungkook💦
it's important

lalisa🌈🦄
ok
im listening

jungkook💦
open your door

lisa glanced up from the couch, eyeing her mom warily who was reading through a magazine on the other side of the room.

thinking better of it, she moved for the door, opening it. and there he was.

lalisa didn't know why she was surprised. maybe it's just that so many things she didn't want to happen were happening right now and her life was a living example of hell releasing its wrath on earth. the fact that he was here was surprising.

she didn't think he would ever show up.

jungkook's eyes evidently softened at lisa, wringing his cold-sweat palms in front.

"lisa?" her mother questioned, snapping the blonde from her trance. she glanced back behind the door.

"who's there?"

"a-a friend mom." she sighed, opening the door wider. "come inside."

her mother was startled when she wasn't greeted with the usual sight of park chaeyoung or jennie kim...but rather a boy.

"friend you say, lisa?" she questioned wryly. lisa didn't bother with a remark, already tired with her mother's antics.

jungkook watched the exchange, trying to observe what was going on behind lisa's reserved look.

"let's go to my room."

"no boys in your room lisa."

"just stop it!" the blonde yelled, her volume surprising the boy next to her. "just stop! stop telling me what to do, stop telling me these things and just breaking all your stupid promises! i don't want to hear it from you. you ruined my family!"

her mother was stunned to silence by her daughter's sudden outbreak. lisa took this as a chance to leave, padding up the staircase to her room. not even bothering to check if jungkook was behind her, she opened the door to her room, trying to quickly brush away her tears before the boy could notice.

"lis." jungkook sighed, closing the door behind them. "listen I know this is probably a really bad time to say this but—"

"i don't want to hear it." lalisa mumbled. "and i don't want to talk things out right now. there's just been way too many things going wrong for me right now, i don't know how much longer i can just keep acting like things are okay."

he reached over to cup her chin in the palm of his hand, aware of how close their faces were.

"i needed a little time. but just know that i'm here for you."

"yes, i know." lisa sniffed, before her voice cracked, she burrowed her head into his chest, and on instinct he rested his chin on her head, hugging lisa.