sixty seven

it seemed that after things seemed to go a little along the lines of normal, something or someone wanted to stir it up.

jungkook and taehyung were okay.

but seulgi refused to let down on what was going on with her—not irene—but jennie had a feeling she knew.

she sighed, aimlessly drawing circles on her worksheet.

taehyung glanced at the brunette sitting next to him, then turned back to his paper. normally he would start up a conversation, but something stopped him.

"guys, take out the homework i'm collecting it."

"shit." jennie heard jungkook curse in disdain, chuckling to herself.

"what was that jungkook?"

"nothing."

"oh, okay." jumi sighed, taking jennie and taehyung's paper from their desk. "i thought you said 'shit' for a second, i was about to be like okay."

sooyoung refrained from spitting out her coffee. lisa grinned, reaching down to pull out her water bottle from her book bag.

"okay ladies," she smirked. "and taehyung."

"sunsaeng-nim!" jimin and jungkook interjected, the two other jimins sitting next to jimin refrained from snorting.

"anyways," she ignored them. "today we're supposed to be having a stupid fire drill, so here's a worksheet to keep you all busy for now. i guess you can collaborate with each other, not that you aren't already." she glanced at sooyoung, who darted her eyes away, sipping her coffee again.

"great! eunji, be a dear and pass these out." she handed the girl a thin stack of papers.

jumi glanced at the door, eyebrows scrunching.

"get started on those. i'll be right back."

the students dismissed the thought, watching jumi leave before jimin bolted out of his seat, sliding his way halfway onto chaeyoung's chair. she yelped, gripping onto the table.

seulgi snorted.

"hey girl."

"seulgi shut up." he whined. "chae can you help me with this problem?"

she got up, leaning over his shoulder to look at the problem he was pointing at.

"sure."

"lisa."

"yes?" she looked up, making eye contact with jungkook. "what is it?"

he sat on her desk, folding his classwork into a paper airplane.

"so i was thinking..." he watched eunji passing by, swallowing thickly.

"you and i go on a date this friday."

she clenched her jaw, sighing. "i can't. sorry."

"why?"

"i just can't, okay?"

"wait, is this about—"

"i don't want to talk about it. i-i think you should go back to your seat."

"lisa—"

"jungkook," sooyoung called, looking back at lisa, who looked back at her before coughing.

it was sad for her to watch someone tear up and not even know the cause. sooyoung pulled jungkook back to his seat, lisa rested her head in the crooks of her elbows, letting out a shaky sigh.

"number five." jennie mumbled.

"a." taehyung responded. she nodded, circling the answer.

it continued awkwardly like that for the next five minutes when he sighed.

"jen."

"what."

"you're not even talking normally to me anymore?"

she didn't answer, looking back at her paper. he was about to speak again, when the door flew open, resounding with a loud slam.

jennie looked up, then stood immediately.

jumi looked like she was ready to cry.

"sunsaeng-nim, what's wrong?"

"p-phone. 911, someone call 911!" she ran a distressed hand through her hair, sooyoung bolted up immediately to the classroom phone while jennie walked briskly to her teacher.

the rest of the students followed.

"sunsaeng-nim what's wrong?"

"nara, the physics teacher. she—uh, is unconscious. i saw blood."

jennie felt her heart drop.