sixty one

"you did what?" seulgi hissed, eyes bulging. jennie looked away uncomfortably, shifting in her seat.

"k-keep it down. i don't want to talk about it."

"jennie, you like him! and you just—" she sighed. "you're ruining yourself."

"i don't like him." she muttered. "i-i don't."

"right, okay." she drawled, clearly not believing her weak attempt at defending herself. "jennie, don't do this to yourself. he didn't need to do that—taehyung doesn't need to hook up with you in order to get rid of his grieving feeling! you shouldn't have let him do that!"

it was after school. the only other person in the room was jumi, asides from her and seulgi.

it was quite obvious jumi heard every word, but she didn't say anything. she couldn't, she didn't know what to say.

"why are you doing this to yourself?"

"i don't know!" jennie yelled. "i can't help it! because if i don't, i feel like i'll just crawl back to that cheater's manipulating ass and i don't want that. don't you get it, seulgi? it's not like i have much to lose anyways."

"this is not the way to solve it!"

"it was a one time thing, goddamn! leave it alone, please."

she slumped her head into seulgi's shoulder.

"i'm worried jennie. not just about you, but for jungkook, for taehyung, for lisa."

"i know." she sniffled. "i just don't know why a high school relationship has to be this complicated?"

"trust me jennie-bear, i wonder that all the time."