one hundred one

somehow her mom found out about jennie's predicament. she also found out about the heated fight that chaeyoung had with yoongi, and was not pleased.

"first a secret boyfriend, now a fight? what the hell chaeyoung?"

the stubborn strawberry blonde stood blank faced on the other side of the room, refusing to talk unless needed to.

"this is why boys aren't good influences. he's put all these sick ideas in your head—"

"what the hell mom! what the hell does jimin have to do with any of this! i was defending jennie!"

"defending is what you call it, but i say it's just reckless behavior."

"reckless behavior?" chaeyoung laughed loudly, trying to control her anger more than she did earlier that day. "how can i control myself when my best friend was sexually assaulted by her ex boyfriend? how can i control myself when i see her get hurt because of him every time? how much longer can i control myself, mom? what he did was far from right! he raped her!"

"this why i never wanted you to be friends with jennie." the woman harked, turning away. "she's always doing bad things like drinking, skipping classes, she was never good enough to be around you—"

"you better not be telling me that jennie was practically asking for it." chaeyoung growled.

"she's not a good girl, chaeyoung! open your eyes!"

"and all this time i kept lying to myself that you were a good parent!" the girl shook her head. "we all know who was the loser there."

then chaeyoung opened the front door, ignoring her mom's yells, and shut it behind her. she walked briskly away from the house, though she knew her mom would probably follow with a car within a few minutes.

"hey, seulgi?" chaeyoung choked, trying not to stutter from her already pooling tears. "do you think you can let me stay over? i can't be at my house right now."