one hundred

a/n: double update

the following few days, jennie was nowhere to be seen. however, nobody stopped talking about it. the rest of their friends were on edge, always telling someone to shut up if they happened to hear jennie's name mentioned in anything.

but on the bright side, many people sympathized with her. they realized what yoongi had done was terribly wrong.

chaeyoung picked at her sandwich, not in the mood to eat. lisa did the same, except with her dry cafeteria food.

"i'm going to go see her after school today. can someone drive me."

"yeah, i can." seulgi offered. "i kinda want to see her too."

chaeyoung's chin turned, eyes locked onto a form entering the cafeteria. instantly her mood changed, back straightening.

jimin followed her eye movement, then sighed. "chaeyoung don't—"

she didn't pay heed to his words, simply standing up without a single word, and marched over to where yoongi was standing, glancing down at his phone.

"yoongi, huh."

he glanced up at his name, then recognized chaeyoung. and shrugged. "yea, that's me."

she scoffed. "are you happy with what you've done?"

"wh—"

chaeyoung didn't even wait for him to respond before punching him in the jaw. that probably hurt her knuckles more than she would willingly admit, but she was furious.

"what the hell?" yoongi gasped, reaching to soothe the pain on his cheek. but she wasn't done.

chaeyoung then fisted his shirt into her hands, eyes already glossing over in the pain and anger.

"why did you have to do that to her! you fucking ruined her!"

"chaeyoung, back the hell off!" he yelled back, shoving her away from him. it was already a fight between them, and people were watching, murmurs spreading across the cafeteria.

she huffed under her breath, then roughly shoved the boy back up against the wall.

"you don't get to act like that you, you stupid piece of shit. YOU RUINED MY BEST FRIEND!"

"she didn't say no!" he growled back, still trying to push chaeyoung away.

"that doesn't mean you just—"

"why the hell is this your problem, huh? did she ask you to do this?"

"why the hell are you so ignorant, you dumb fuck? you just traumatized her!"

"jennie should've known better when she ditched me for those two boys who are a waste of her time."

"both of them are far more of a man than you'll ever be, yoongi." she was about to physically hurt him again, when jimin pulled her away from him.

"chaeyoung, stop!"

"why should i stop?" she yelled. "he hurt her! i'm tired of watching jennie get tricked by him over and over again!"

"jimin, calm your girlfriend." yoongi hissed. "we wouldn't want our valedictorian to get her acceptance letter revoked."

"you can just shut the fuck up." sooyoung spat. "you don't get to talk."

"what the hell is going on here?" jisoo called out, loudly. she glanced between the teenagers for a long moment.

"chaeyoung, go to jumi's classroom. yoongi, to the office. now."

when jumi passed her an ice pack, chaeyoung was surprised. then the math teacher took a seat on her own desk, the rest of chaeyoung's friends filed in the seats behind her.

dong jumi sighed.

"don't punch people chaeyoung."

"sunsaeng-nim i—"

"let me finish." the woman curtly responded, turning back to staring down at her shoes, in thought.

"don't punch people unless you have a reason. i know you had a reason, but you need to be careful with your actions. your graduation is a very fragile thing, if colleges were to hear that you were the one who attacked him first—"

"he hurt jennie!"

"let me finish," the woman responded back plainly. "if they were to find out about that, it wouldn't look good unless they knew the context. normally i would report these kind of things, but i for one, do not support yoongi's decisions in the slightest, so i will not report you for attacking him. consider this as me doing you a favor."

she continued on, getting up from the table. "i'll have the situation brought up to our administration, saying that you were defending your friend, who finds it difficult to have a voice in this situation. they will understand."

"if there's one thing i want you guys to take away from this is that i'm not just your teacher. i think everyone is well aware of each of your individual connections with me, and also you are technically my students, i care for you all very dearly. like as if i had my own children."

jumi bit her lip, turning away. she had seen the whole reaction of jennie's occu, watched the girl fled the classroom immediately. that's why she didn't even bother to say that she was missing. because that was the least of the girl's problems.

"i don't like seeing any of you getting hurt." jumi finalized, turning back to them. "and i hate when i see a student have to go through that. that's why i'm going against everything i should be doing right now. i should be deporting you chaeyoung, i should let yoongi walk free, i should report jennie for skipping class. but i won't."

with those words, the teacher left the classroom.