ninety three

there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

"so have you talked to irene?" sooyoung sat down next to seulgi. "you like her right?"

"i don't know." the other girl sighed. "and no, i haven't spoken to her recently."

"seulgi, when was the last time you dated someone?"

"i mean i went on a date with jimin that one time..."

"hoe, that was back in primary school."

sooyoung gasped. "geez, does that mean irene would potentially be your first legit relationship?"

"that doesn't matter." the two of them were sitting together in the library, trying to study for their upcoming final exams. "i can forget everything with irene if my mom finds out about this."

"she should know who you are seul." sooyoung sighed, resting a hand on seulgi's. "she's your mother, she has every right to."

"i want to tell her, but i'm so scared. she's just so against me...being bi. she hates the idea of it really. i don't want her to leave me if i tell her."

"she'll never leave you. the woman loves you so much."

"i wish it was that simple."

"you have to tell her."

"i'm scared." her hands fidgeted under sooyoung's. "soo, i'm really really scared. my life is changing so much, i don't even know how to feel about everything."

"i'm with you." her friend smiled softly. "believe me, all of us are going through that right now. it's called growing up, and it's definitely going to be hella messy."

"we're not little kids anymore." sooyoung glanced around, then back to her books. "i'll admit, our senior year has been more eventful than most people's, but everything we've gotten from this last year is just us growing up. jungkook got over his longtime crush, and realized his priorities. tae is...figuring out what he wants, just like you."

"i'm scared that she's going to hate me."

"fear is not what's going to help you right now. you need to be brave seulgi. take that confident attitude you have whenever you flirt with jennie and chaeyoung, and use it here. you can't let your insecurities stay insecurities. be proud of who you are."

"it's not a confident attitude." seulgi smiles wryly. "just me trying to convince myself i'm not a piece of shit."

"you're definitely a piece of shit." sooyoung laughed, nudging her shoulder. "but you're a gorgeous, hilarious, confident, bisexual, piece of shit. that's who you are."

"i don't know,"

"say it." sooyoung urged. "you'll believe it if you say it."

seulgi was hesitant, her confidence had never stooped to such a low. sooyoung didn't want her to feel this way anymore.

"say it."

"no."

"please?"

"no."

"seulgi." sooyoung pouted. "do it for me please. i hate seeing you look so gloomy and depressed all the time."

"that's because i feel like shit."

"you won't feel like shit if you say it." She grinned. "say it once. with me, please."

"uh—" she scoffed. "fine. i'm a gorgeous, hilarious, confident, bisexual, piece of shit."

her tall friend grinned wide. "how'd that feel?"

seulgi returned the smile with a real one for once.

"...surprisingly, not that bad."