Chapter Three: The Beginning (p.1)

Dabi and Shouto stepped into the bar, and were immediately met with a low hum, giving them excruciating headaches. (Y/n) glared at them, tired of having to wait for them. It didn't help that everyone had contacted the brothers and neither had responded. They all thought the two had gotten themselves arrested, but nothing was on the news, so they were even more clueless.

"What the hell (Y/n)," Dabi groaned, "stop."

"Where the fuck were you two?" (Y/n) demanded more than asked.

"Out," Shouto responded smartly. The headaches increased tenfold, and the older of the two fell to his knees in pain.

"We all thought you guys had gotten arrested, assholes," (Y/n) growled, "you had a bunch of people worried and waiting for you for no good reason. Now I'll ask again, where the fuck were you two that was so important that you caused us all to wait?"

"Todoroki Estate!" Dabi gasped out, holding his head, hoping for the pain to dissipate.

"Why?"

"I messed him up a bit, Dabi just gave me a ride," Shouto stated, his voice strained.

"Fine," (Y/n) sighed and stopped using his quirk, "nice hair, by the way."

"Thanks," Shouto let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding, "what's so urgent?"

Shouto knew better than to further bother (Y/n). Quite a bit had changed about him over the years. He was still the same person, but yet, he just wasn't. He was sinister, manipulative, and he was by no means afraid to use his quirk to harm his own allies. He did it for a reason that was good enough— as a warning not to cross him and to pay more attention when the League was attempting to contact him.

"We are the only ones we can trust in this world anymore, so don't take it for granted, trust is fragile."

Shouto knew the real meaning behind the word's (Y/n) had uttered to the Mayhem and Vanguard Squads. There was no life lesson, this was no 'Boy Meets World' episode. This was specific to people in their world— in the world of villains.

"The only people who trust you are villains. You can lose the ability to be credible in an instant, and you won't get it back, so use it wisely."

Shouto had to keep himself from shuttering as he recalled when (Y/n) had told him this. It was after a League of Villains meeting, and (Y/n) held the Mayhem Squad back. Hearing that was when it truly set in for Shouto what he was. He was no longer a great person that was admired, he was no longer the "perfect" son of Endeavor, and as much as it frightened him, it set his soul on fire with pride. 

"Tomura had been so kind as to plan our next course of action," (Y/n) told the two, turning towards the head of the League of Villains.

"Okay, now that everyone is finally here, our plan is simply to rile up the heroes," Shigaraki proposed, "give them high spirits for us to crush."

"Be more specific," Dabi sighed.

"The Vanguard Squad is going to cause some trouble, break in a few places, injure and kill a few civilians, you know, basic stuff," Shigaraki foretold, "meanwhile the Mayhem Squad is going to claim two very special victims."

"Sounds fun," Kirishima grinned.

"I don't know if I would use the word 'fun,' but sure," Shouto sighed.