Chapter Ten: Heal Our Hearts

Bakugou was easily a little more than suspicious about Kirishima's text. What could be so important that they needed to be home immediately? If anything, he thought, Kirishima should have come to us. (Y/n) needs to stay out of the house. He swore that if this had to do with some idiotic antic, he was going blow the false redhead's face in. 

(Y/n) was tired. He knew that Kirishima and Bakugou were trying to help him, but everything seemed so hopeless. He'd have to get over it eventually, he knew, but it was hard. Even more so now that he had truly begun to blame himself for it all. (Y/n) felt like the weight of the world was thrown onto his back and he'd have to carry it forever.

· · ·

"Where have you been?" Kirishima asked, still in slight shock.

Todoroki chuckled, glad to be home. "I've been with my family. I decided that it was time for us to pull ourselves together, in a sense."

"I'm happy for you guys, but," Kirishima paused before wording his next thought carefully. "why didn't you tell anyone? At this point, we all accepted that you might not... y' know... come back?"

"I'll get into that when Katsuki and (Y/n) get here."

· · ·

Bakugou made (Y/n) outside while he went in. The last thing he needed was for this thing to be able to trigger some breakdown. What he encountered upon entering left him a mixture of relieved and enraged. 

When (Y/n) had left them all that time ago, Bakugou was upset and he still couldn't (Y/n) one hundred percent. It had taken him a bit to warm back up to him. That said, he understood the circumstances and was able to appreciate the confirmation of his assumptions. There had also been comfort given in the fact that he felt there was a chance he'd return.

Todoroki had provided no such comforts, or anything related to it. He just up and disappeared on them for so long that they'd lost their hopes on ever seeing him again. Yet, here he was, standing and smiling softly like he was returning from a weekend staycation. This infuriated Bakugou beyond belief. How dare Todoroki put them through that?

While Bakugou stood there and glared, refraining from saying something he'd regret, (Y/n) lost patience and walked in. He dropped his bag and basically collapsed onto the floor, sitting up. He stared, unable to form a coherent thought. So many things were running through him, but they seemed to get cut off as soon as they appeared.

"Shouto... I..." (Y/n) started, fat tears beginning to well in his eyes and roll down his cheeks.

Shouto, huh?

Todoroki felt bitter suddenly. He had been excited, even, about this earlier, but that set things in stone. He needed a do-over.

I should have known.

"Bakugou." Todoroki's smiled faltered as his eyes shifted over to (Y/n)'s face. "(Y/n)... hey. How have you been?"

· · ·

All For One was beyond frustrated. Not only had he lost his most powerful pawns, but Dabi had decided not to show up for the majority of the winter season. His plans for that time had been snuffed, and he was ready to take a new approach.

He was tired of playing this game. He needed a way to get rid of Deku and (Y/n), and achieve his own goal in the meantime. He could care less about how that ended up affecting Shigaraki Tomura, Kurogiri, or any of the others. 

He knew exactly how he was going to accomplish this, too. He'd done his research, of course. The only thing he needed to get things going was to set up a meeting with this "Mt. Lady" character.

· · ·

Monoma couldn't shake the sinking feeling that had resided in his gut since he arrived back in Japan. Something told him he needed to find (Y/n), even if it meant they'd have to go through whatever it was again. He needed answers about whatever the red thing was under his skin, and something told him that (Y/n) would be able to help him find it.

As much as he hated to admit to himself, though, he kind of just wanted to leave the country again. He felt that whatever his feeling was had to do with him and (Y/n)'s reuniting. I need to do this, though. Something is wrong, and I should figure out what.

As the blond continued his walk through the streets of Ikebukuro, wondering where he should stay that night. He had heard that Mayhem had relocated, and had come to the conclusion after much searching that they hadn't resided in any of the cities he'd looking already. It was to move onto the next district.

Whatever was happening, or whatever was going to happen would have to go through Monoma first. Even if he didn't know what he was up against yet, he knew he'd have to stop it.

· · ·

Todoroki looked up at the living room ceiling that night, terrified of the relaxation he was experiencing. After what had happened earlier, the tall man was sure he should have felt different, maybe even guilty. That was what Bakugou's behavior and words to him privately had expressed, at least. 

Kirishima had been supportive of the whole ordeal but did his part in not getting too involved. Todoroki wasn't sure if he was hoping for Kirishima to add in a word or grateful that he left the matter to him.

(Y/n) hadn't taken it well. Todoroki hadn't taken the time to consider his reaction and was paying for it. He hadn't expected to be sleeping in his bed that night, but this wasn't how he wanted the day to end. 

"I think we should take a break, (Y/n)," Todoroki said.

"What?" (Y/n) sounded choked up.

"I love you, but we should take some time to figure ourselves out. Since we've gotten together, I've been... well... less than okay. As of the time before I left, I was at my lowest, and I would have done something bad if I didn't get out."

"I..."

"It's okay, you don't have to talk right now. I understand that I'm being harsh about it, I mean, here I come waltzing in and basically telling you that I want even more time off — I'm an ass, right?" the softness in his tone hurt (Y/n) more than he'd ever say.

"I'm sorry." 

"(Y/n)..."

"I hurt you. I've been hurting you, and I'm the ass here, not you. It has never been you, Shouto... don't say it was you again, or I'm going to breakdown. If this is the best way you think there is to fix us, then... we should, y' know, take a break." (Y/n) took a deep breath, holding back tears that held emotions he didn't understand. "after all, we need to heal our hearts."

(I'm so sorry that this update it so late, everyone. I know I normally post more than one chapter per update, but I'm doing it differently this time. Because of my busy schedule and just some stuff that's happening right now, I'm going to post the chapters in this update as I finish them. The next official update, coming on October 1st, should be normal.)

(This Was 1197 Words!)

(No Extra Today, Everyone!)