Chapter Nine: Control

"There's something I have to admit," The Scientist sighed over the phone.

"Is this something that should have been said in person?" the older man questioned.

"Yes," The Scientist answered, "when and where do you want to meet?"

"How about I just come to your apartment, Yu?" the older man wondered, "I mean, being in a dark parking lot twice would look sketchy on the cameras."

"I guess..." The Scientist answered, "I'll send you my new address."

"Alright, see you later," the older man said, hanging up afterward.

· · ·

"You obviously know that (Y/n) can control people to a fault, and you have a vague idea of how the imprinting process works," The Scientist state, "but, there's something else that I never told you about injecting him with..."

"What?" the older man asked, almost exasperated, "why would you not tell me something important like that?"

"I don't know... I just... didn't," The Scientist mumbled.

"There's no point in me getting riled up," the older man sighed, "please just tell me what it is that you injected in him, and please give me all the details."

"..." she had a hard time getting out a response.

"Come on, Yu," he encouraged her.

"Well, this isn't exactly like most of the other injections..." The Scientist admitted, "this one... it's a small device."

"...Is it like the MaC?" the older man asked.

"Yes," Dr. Takeyama sighed, "this particular device was accidentally triggered when he was in high school. It sent signals to his brain that would allow him not to think twice about enacting the plan."

"What exactly are you telling me, Yu?" the older man questioned.

"It connected to the MaC, and now (Y/n) acts with our old motives, but won't take orders from us, even if there was a chance to get my old equipment back." Dr. Takeyama ran her fingers through her hair nervously.

"..." the older man went quiet after a hum, unsure of how exactly to respond. "I just need clarification... that you... you gave him the ability to..?"

Dr. Takeyama felt terrible as she heard realization and slight fear set into the older man's voice. So normally wasn't one for regrets, but (Y/n) was something she wished she could take back.

"The ability to see through people, to read them, to see what they want most, to see what they loathe and the most terrifying of all—" The Scientist breathed in, slight concern lacing her otherwise monotone voice. "To see what he can turn them into."

· · ·

"Honey, where have you been? It's late," the older man's wife asked as he walked through the door.

"I was at a small meeting with my boss," the older man lied.

"Is something the matter? You're not going to get fired, are you?" she questioned jokingly.

He chuckled, "No, there's just a small situation we need to gain control over."

"Well, I hope that goes well," she smiled, "now, can you put the kids to bed?"

"Of course," he smiled.

(Hey guys! I'm sorry for this chapter being so short... This was just something I needed to include, but couldn't put elsewhere... I couldn't put it anywhere but here, so yeah... It's honestly my fault for playing with the order of things so much in these books, lol. Anyway, this is the last chapter of the arc, so yeah, keep reading until the next!)

(This Was 610 Words!)

(Extra:)

"What if we left all of this behind?"

"What do you mean?"

"You've been talking in your sleep a lot lately, and I agree with some stuff you've said."

"I don't get it... What are you getting at?"

"We aren't getting any younger, so maybe we should... I don't know... Go out with a bang."