Chapter Seven: Natsuo (pt.1)

I wonder what I should do for her this year...

Natsuo Fujikawa was a simple man nowadays. He'd had his fun as a young kid, and now he lived an "average joe"-esk day-to-day life. He worked, went out with friends, went on a date every once in a while — the works, more or less. The most exciting thing about his like were the things (or people) that weren't there to excite him.

She's had the hardest time coping with all of this... what could distract her?

His sister, Fuyumi Nakada's birthday was just around the corner. He had two and a half weeks to get something nice done for his sister. He could think of one or two possibilities, but nothing too special. Perhaps just treating her to a nice, relaxation-filled day was a quality option? There was also the amusement park they liked when they were children, but the lines were always insanely long.

Maybe take her on a surprise vacation? Being in the area never fails to remind her of our parents' faults.

That last idea was expensive. He didn't mind spending the money on his dear older sister, but booking all of it would be hard, considering Natsuo didn't know her schedule all that well. He suddenly had what he thought was a perfect idea. He remembered Fuyumi mentioning a certain thing the last few times they talked, and he hated that he thought of it sooner.

I'll get her a kitten! I'm a genius!

· · ·

"I'm the only one of your children who still bears your name! Everyone else got theirs changed!"

· · ·

"So, is it too soon to ask what's up?" Dabi piped up as he and Todoroki lazed around his apartment. "it's been a while since you last stopped in, especially since you guys left the League."

Todoroki didn't give an immediate answer, and that left Dabi slightly concerned. Normally Todoroki was straight to the point, but he was holding back this time around. It had been a while since they'd seen each other, but Dabi doubted that his younger brother had changed that much in their time apart.

Todoroki thought about his response for a moment. He didn't know how to put his current predicament into words, which was somewhat of a first. He turned towards the older male, sighing and facing away from him again.

"If someone's hurt you more than once... unintentionally," Todoroki started, testing out the waters of his words, "but this time it's worse than before... is your relationship toxic?"

"That's quite the hypothetical you've got there," Dabi pointed out playfully, "but I'm not totally sure, honestly. How much worse?"

"A lot worse."

"Is this about Kirishima and Bakugou?"

"What?"

"Toga ran into Kirishima a while back. She said that he said that they were having problems."

Todoroki grumbled, "You shouldn't believe Toga when she hasn't seen it herself. You know she likes to bend the truth. But yeah, they had a little scuffle. They're fine now, though."

"Then it actually is about you?"

"Yeah."

Todoroki straightened up from where he was slouching in his seat, stretching and hearing the satisfying cracks of his back. Dabi readjusted himself, but remained comfortable. He frowned when he saw how Todoroki's eyes seemed to go dark.

"Everything is a mess," Todoroki stated, "(Y/n) and I have been together since the day he left the League, and I feel like there's almost been more hurt than happiness. It doesn't help that Fuyumi's birthday is coming up and I haven't seen her, Natsuo, or mom since dropping out of high school."