Chapter Ten: "I Still Love You" (Encounter p.2)

(Y/n) and Todoroki were out one night, just minding their own business. Not too much had exactly changed between them. They knew they were in love, but so far that had just brought relief upon them. They weren't sure where to act from there... Neither of them were experienced with love, and neither of them had any influence to act upon as far as the subject goes.

That said, the young men were trying their hardest. Over the last couple of weeks, they'd just done simple things. Sneaking kisses, holding hands in secret, whispering to each other about their concerns and thoughts. Other than that, things were the same as always. (Y/n) lead the way, guided him and everyone else, and he followed close behind, as did everyone else involved.

(Y/n) looked at Todoroki with less piercing, more gentle eyes, now. Todoroki happily listened to what (Y/n) said and told now, though that wasn't much different from the way it had always been. Once again, (Y/n) lead the way three steps ahead, clearing the way for those he considered dear and wanted to keep close.

These realizations ran through Todoroki's head as the two of them parted ways. They parted ways on the corner that separated the paths to their apartments. The two of them shared a quick kiss, a slow embrace, and they smiled at each other before going to their own homes. Todoroki walked off with a light and airy feeling in his chest. He felt like he could fly.

'I could get used to this...'

· · ·

(Y/n) felt the same as his, as of recently, lover, though he had this sinking feeling hanging around in his chest. It was as if something bad was going to happen in the near future. That mentioned, it wouldn't be physically bad— it wouldn't interrupt his plans— but he would still be hurt emotionally.

He looked around, realizing that he had gone a little too far in the midst of his thoughts. Whatever, he thought, what's a little detour now and then? (Y/n) took a deep breath and scrunched up his nose. He hated this part of town. It was crowded with drunks all night and always reeked completely of piss and oil. He also just wasn't fond of the humongous crowds that could hide a group of heroes without him knowing.

· · ·

This was the last thing Izuku Midoriya needed at the moment. He was grieving for multiple people, he felt utterly humiliated, and Deku felt like a complete disappointment. He had basically let Gran Torino down, and the weakest villain of the group he was currently working to turn in had beat him without much of a fight and still gave him mercy.

With everything that was going on in his life and in his mind, the last thing he needed was to witness (Y/n) and Todoroki hold hands and kiss and embrace each other— the last thing he needed was to witness them act in a way that screamed "more than friends."

The sight left mixed feelings in his heart. His mind screamed for him to take the opportunity to catch them. Yet again, it told him to run in the opposite direction. If he couldn't beat Kirishima, what chance did he have against (Y/n) and Todoroki? He also couldn't help feeling like he had just been kicked in the gut. It was so stupid, the reason he felt like this. He was supposed to be an adult— he was supposed to have moved past this point in his life.

And yet, there he was, following closely behind (Y/n) with a sour taste in his mouth. Seeing the multicolor-haired male and the voice-oriented quirk-having young man like that had made old emotions resurface. He still felt extremely betrayed by Todoroki, and he still... He still wasn't one hundred percent over his first love. Seeing the two of them together like that was making the last of his defenses crumble as he became even more vulnerable.

Deku watched as (Y/n) turned onto a quiet street that had no one on it at the moment. Deku followed, though he slowed his pace and fell behind some before turning in the same direction. When he made it around the building, (Y/n) was walking down the sidewalk quietly, as if the world only consisted of him at the moment.

"(Y/n)?" Deku asked, finally trying to gain attention. He didn't know what he was doing, what was he doing? Was he stupid? Kirishima had told him that (Y/n) would surely kill him if they met face to face in private.

(Y/n) turned around and as soon as his sharp eyes locked on Deku, his glare seemed to pierce through the freckled man, "Deku, what could you possibly want from me?"

There was obvious poison behind his words and it hit Deku where it hurt, "I saw you and Todoroki."

"So?" (Y/n) asked. He couldn't care less that Deku had seen them, if anything he hoped it would make the hero lay off for a while.

"So... I wanted to know how long you two... you know..." Deku questioned.

"Why the hell is that any of your fucking business?" (Y/n) glared, daring Deku to give him a reason.

"Because..." I still... "just because..."

"Bullshit. Why the hell do you want to know?" (Y/n) asked again, this time though, his voice seemed very sharp, demanding even.

"..." Deku didn't respond right away.

"Damnit Deku I swear I'll kill your pathetic ass right here if you don't tell me already," (Y/n) growled.

"Your Pathetic, You Know That?"

"I still love you," Deku's mouth felt dry, and he swore his heart stop as he saw (Y/n)'s face morph into one of total disgust.

"Your Pathetic,"

"You're a sad excuse for a hero," (Y/n) taunted, "beaten by a weaker villain, not to mention in love with his leader."

"Pathetic-"

"..." Deku looked at the ground.

(Y/n) walked up to Deku and punched Deku in the chest, knocking him down and sucking the air from the hero's lungs. He looked down at Deku with a smirk oozing mockery, "I'll never love you back. I didn't the first time you told me, and I sure as hell don't now. You're too weak, too stupid—and you're too selfish. No one will ever love you, ever."

(Wow (Y/n)! Calm down, like damn! Sorry about that, but I made (Y/n) have a moment. You know... like how everyone has a mean streak? Anyway, turns out that the previous chapter wasn't the last one of 2018. However, this one is... I'll update on January 1st, 2019! I just don't want to publish anything else before that because the next chapter is the beginning of a new arc. Or at least I think it is. I might do that thing I did in the last book, you know, the 'Arc Preview?' If I make one of those it'll come out before 2019, but the next official chapter won't come out until Jan. 1st. Anyway, I want to wish you all a happy holiday! Last thing— this arc doesn't have a name, but I need to give it one! So, I want all of you to comment on what you think the name of the arc should be. All I ask is that the arc name has to do with the story and don't involve vulgar language. Other than that, give me your ideas! I'll make sure to give you credit!)

(This Was 1245 Words!)

(Extra:)

"Leave."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Dad-"

"Leave here and never come back, you maggot."

"But-"

"You're out, I don't want you here."

It Hurts...

"Fine."