Arc Seven, What A Wonderful World; Chapter One: Five Years Gone By

"Hey, uh, Mr. Todoroki?" 

"You don't have to be so formal, (Y/n), but what do you need?" Todoroki asked thoughtfully, looking over his shoulder.

"Why do we keep moving? Can't we just leave like everyone else did?"

"The borders are guarded and the airports have been shut down. Plus, we're waiting for someone."

"I don't understand why you guys can't tell me more about what's going on. I think I should know."

"If I could tell you, I would, (Y/n) — Really. But he's the only one who could even guess at why we're still here." Todoroki glared at his lover across the room, only slightly serious.

 "What do you want from me, Shou? I would have packed up earlier, but he was pretty much right. Eight months was all it took, and now the place is completely deserted."

· · ·

"I know you know where they are, Doctor," All For One grumbled. "why not just tell me?"

"Why should I tell you when she can?" Dr. Takeyama made eye contact with Toga, glaring at the blonde.

All For One turned towards the younger woman, watching as she avoided his gaze. He felt a bit silly, not thinking to check with her after not getting an answer from Dabi. Deep down, he possibly thought that she might know, but in the event she didn't tell, it would be a shame to have to cut her too. 

"Himiko."

"Yes..?"

"You don't intend to actually make me ask, I believe."

"I... they're..." 

She hated herself even more than Dabi did when he heard what she'd done. Not only had she given (Y/n) up, but she'd put Todoroki, Kirishima, Bakugou, and the kid in danger as well. Toga knew it was wrong, but she couldn't stop herself. Something had come over her, a quirk, possibly, but she had had no way of controlling herself.

When she met up with Dabi later, he didn't take it as a good enough excuse. He yelled at her at first, calling her names and shaming her for giving out where they're friends/family were hiding at the moment. 

They'd had to move too much already thanks to the region shutting down and being torn apart by the league. Now, though, they were going to have to leave right after settling again. Toga knew that it would be hard on them, and that was why Dabi couldn't forgive her. 

That night when Dabi left their usual meeting place, Toga feared that they'd never meet there again. Even if he let it go at some point, she knew the trust that was there was damaged.

· · ·

"Shou, are you sure this is a good time?" (Y/n) looked over at him, unsure.

"Yeah. We've long since sorted ourselves out, and you know that it'll actually be good for the kid, too," Todoroki answered, glancing up at the sign on the building again.

After solving their problems and finding closure in each other (which took an excruciating two years), their relationship picked up even further off than they'd left it. When Todoroki got wind of the orphanage that was closing down and couldn't take all the kids out of Kanto, he felt that it was just right. (Y/n) ended up feeling the same.

They opened the doors slowly when they walked in, surprised by the almost absolute silence of the place. They knew not to expect it to be loud all the time, but this seemed too quiet. A woman was sitting in the chair, speaking to some children in a far corner of the room, and there was one older kid who seemed preoccupied looking after twin girls.