Chapter Four: Puncture; Set And Transfer

Dr. Takeyama lifted (Y/n) up, carrying him out his poor excuse for a bed. The infant made some noises as she carried him, recently finding it a good idea to play with Dr. Takeyama's short hair. The Scientist sighed, eventually gaining the opportunity to sit the young boy down and grab the rest of her stuff. 

She picked up a briefcase that held some more of her syringes, each of which was filled with mixtures she made. Enhancers, as she called them, were her definition of a blessing. As someone who was born with a disadvantage to others in more ways than one, being able to create these was amazing. She could give gifts to those she found worthy, not to mention the curses she could cause for those who were undeserving.

She opened the briefcase and pulled out the largest syringe in there. It was filled with thick, black liquid, and was labeled 'Puncture.' She grinned evilly as she wiped the tip with alcohol. The was one of the final pieces to her puzzle. With this, there was so much more (Y/n) could complete. 

The 'Puncture' mixture was special. It gave the person injected the ability to unknowingly impact others in an immediate way. Changing their thought processes, opinion, ideals, motives— it could easily destroy several moral compasses. It could even influence feelings someone might feel towards the person. It could make a jerk consider them a good friend, a cold person become bubbly at the sight of them, it could prompt the best of people to steal, and the ability can even make an angel kill happily.

The only downside to the injection was that it infected the whole body, and burned while it did this. It took about a day for it to set in. Dr. Takeyama was not looking forward to having to listen to the project scream and wail for the next twenty-four hours.

· · ·

"Good morning, Doctor," the older man stepped into the office, "how are you?"

"I'm doing perfect!" Dr. Takeyama said cheerfully, holding the babbling, laughing baby on her hip, "after nine months of working on this, we can finally start."

Oh.

"That's good to hear, Doctor," the older man smiled.

"Now we just need to get him into the orphanage and wait for him to be adopted." Dr. Takeyama foretold.

"That's good to hear. I can get right on that if you would like?" the older man questioned, holding out his arms for the infant.

She handed him the baby boy, both of them listening to him squeal in reasonless delight. The older man gave her another smile and left the room, going to the exit so he could plant the child. 

This was where The Scientist's workplace got its name, actually. She had found the perfect place to do her work—her sister's orphanage. More specifically, the basement. There were two entrances/exits to the space, each placed in a spot where no one would find them. A floorboard in the west wing's hallway 'K' and a small trap door placed right on the other side of the fence, making it not on the property. This meant there was a very little chance of being found out, or having any interruptions. Another reason this was the perfect location was that she could easily drop subjects into the orphanage. Send the older man up, he brings the kid to the orphanage, the kid gets adopted; it's a simple process.

The older man came back an hour later without the child, having fully handed him over into the real orphanage's care. Dr. Takeyama grinned, proud of her work, but also glad to get on to the next step.