Chapter Three: "How've You Been?"

Kirishima felt sick to his stomach. When he signed up for his life of excitement, this wasn't what he bargained for. He knew that almost everyone experienced grief at one point or another, but that never meant he was prepared for it. All the drama that had ensued was a lot to take in, but this was not something Kirishima felt he needed to deal with right now.

Bakugou couldn't say he felt much different unless he were to resort to lying. He already had so many regrets running through him, and this was not an item that needed to be included in the weight on his shoulders. He could no longer picture what it would be like to live weightlessly.

That was the moment it occurred to him that he could at least fix a part of his problem. All he had to do was makeup with Kirishima. He immediately felt deflated, though. Bakugou wasn't good with apologies, and Kirishima didn't seem like he'd just let him off the hook for trying this time.

"Katsuki," Todoroki sighed, "you've been staring at the staircase for almost ten minutes now."

"So?" Bakugou snarkily replied.

"Are you waiting for Eijiro or something?" Todoroki questioned, "he isn't here."

"What?" Bakugou glared at the taller male reasonlessly.

"He said he would be back in a couple of days," Todoroki recalled, "he departed last night, saying that he needed a break or something."

"Don't we all at this point?" (Y/n) asked sarcastically, clumping into the room and sitting on the floor.

"I guess," Bakugou sighed, "so he really just didn't say anything to me, huh."

"He told me not to say anything," Todoroki mentioned, "oops."

"That didn't sound at all apologetic," (Y/n) pointed out, "but seriously, Katsuki, you two need to pull your shit together."

"Don't you think I already know that?" Bakugou grumbled angrily.

"Good job," (Y/n) said snarkily, "you've become self-aware!"

Bakugou got up and left the house. He needed some fresh air. He walked to the nearby park slowly, taking his time to breathe in the fresh air of the area they now resided in. He enjoyed the city, but he had to admit that not constantly being squished for no reason was nice. There was also the factor that the people here were extremely chill, which might have been a bad thing. He'd noticed at least two people recognize him and not say do anything about it. Yep, that isn't good on their part...

Bakugou watched as people stepped around him as he walked aimlessly, enjoying their everyday lives. He had fun being a villain, sure, but the sight made him wonder if he'd ever want that for himself. It was a nice thought, settling down, living out of the spotlight — everything his younger self would have scoffed at.

"Tooru! Tooru!" he heard a voice shout, and he turned quickly to see the ruckus.

Of course, it isn't our Tooru... Oh.

"I've got to stop seeing you guys around like this-" Bakugou swung around, and Mina looked unimpressed, "don't act so surprised."

"Well excuse me..." Bakugou trailed off, seeing Kirishima start to walk away from behind the pink-haired female, "Eijiro, wait a sec."

"What?" Kirishima questioned abruptly, "Can this wait until I get back home?"

"Wow, what up with you two?" Mina asked, looking between the two. The tension was thick enough to grab.

"I crossed the line," Bakugou admitted begrudgingly, "I crossed the fucking line and I'm sorry. I get it if you don't wanna forgive me, though."

"Hey, Katsuki, we thought you'd be here and were wondering what you wanted to — Um." (Y/n) chuckled nervously, running his fingers through his hair.

"This is... interesting," Todoroki remarked, coming up next to (Y/n).

Sero and Kaminari joined the group then, each holding at least two ice creams.

"Okay, what the hell is this, some staged playdate or something?" Kaminari asked.

"What this is, is awkward..." Sero grumbled, sighing. "are we doing this here, or..?"

· · ·

"Shoji, Tokoyami, hey!" Uraraka exclaimed, "it's been a while since you guys have been here this early!"

"I prefer the dark," Tokoyami responded with a nod.

"I'm normally doing chores or sleeping at this time," Shoji stated, "but yeah."

"We came to see how Ashido, Kaminari, and Sero were holding up," Tokoyami said.

"None of them are around today... they all took the day off. It's hard to believe they all got sick at the same time," Uraraka rambled, waving as Tsuyu stepped into the room.

"Ochako... today is the day (Y/n) and the others went missing, of course they skipped. They skip today every year," Tsuyu sighed, "hey Shoji, hey Fumi. What have you two been up to?"

"The usual," Tokoyami grumbled, "the villains that act out at night have been settling down a bit, which is nice. Someone told me it was because Stain is being released from prison soon."

"Yeah..." Uraraka sniggered nervously, "I don't know about you guys, but I can certainly wait until that happens. What if he goes on another rampage?"

"I'm sure there's nothing to be afraid of," Tsuyu assured her friend, "I actually was at an interview with him a couple of years ago and he was considerably cool. I would guess he's only gotten better."

"Whatever you say," Shoji grunted, "I have to agree with Uraraka, though."

Deku almost walked into the room a couple of minutes earlier, but he refrained. He wanted to greet his friends (that at this point, with them working at night, he didn't get to see all that often), but Deku listened to the conversation instead. He didn't know the infamous hero killer was being released, and he definitely hadn't kept the date of his "friends'" disappearance fresh in his mind.

Deku put on his best smile, cheerfully addressing everyone in the room. The conversation continued for a few more minutes before shifting to their more domestic lives outside of hero work (and Deku was still surprised by some of the stuff he learned).

· · ·

When everyone was settled in the living room inside the low-laying villains' house, it was challenging to begin the conversation again, to say the least. The walk back had easily been quite awkward, but none of them could deny the fact that it needed to happen eventually.

"So..." Sero trailed off, deflating a bit when he realized no one else was going to take the lead, "How've you been?"

(So, I'm going to just apologize here if there aren't a lot of chapters in this update. I've recently gained even MORE allergies and have been busy trying to deal with that. I've also been trying to put more time into my piano, which takes some time away from my being on Wattpad. I'm still here plenty of the time, but just not as much... Yeah... Anyway, that's all, and I hope you all vote, comment, and stay tuned for future updates!)

(This Was 1141 Words!)

(No Extra Today, Guys!)