Chapter Two: Without A Trace

Bakugou, Kirishima, and Todoroki all met up a couple of days later, around one post meridiem. They had been basically inactive since (Y/n) had left, so the news and press were beginning to forget about them a little bit. It frustrated the group of three more than anyone would believe. It wasn't that they were attention hogs or anything, though. Their problem was that (Y/n) was making a name for himself and taking all the attention away from them; they were bothered by the fact that (Y/n) was giving them a chance.

They knew (Y/n) better than anyone, and Todoroki, Bakugou, and Kirishima knew what he was doing. He was giving them a chance to back down from being villains. He'd draw attention away from them, he'd rise to the top so that they could slowly fall back into the general public. This especially angered them because this meant that (Y/n) was considering the fact that they would just accept the fact that he was no longer one of them.

It frustrated Todoroki more than anyone. (Y/n) thought he was ok with just not seeing him again. (Y/n) thought Todoroki was alright with not being at his side. The thought hurt them both, but (Y/n) thought that this was the best way to protect Todoroki and everyone else. One one hand, (Y/n) definitely wished for them to be with him, but on the other hand, he wanted them to have a chance at a normal, civilian life if they chose to take the opportunity.

"So, where do we start?" Kirishima questioned, breaking the silence between the three men.

"I don't know, to be completely honest," Todoroki sighed.

"Katsuki?" Kirishima wondered aloud.

"I got nothing," Bakugou answered.

"Well... I guess I have an idea of where we could begin," Kirishima offered, catching the other two's eyes, "we should pay attention to the news, live and all. That way we can make a point to show up to his next attack."

"I don't think I've ever heard something so smart come out of your mouth, Shitty-Hair," Bakugou half-complimented.

"Yeah, that's a great idea, especially coming from you," Todoroki added.

"I don't know whether I should be flattered or offended," Kirishimagave a dramatic sigh and grinned.

· · ·

(Y/n) had recently discovered a new way to use his voice— vocal impressions. He had been messing around to see what would happen if he put his quirk behind a loon impression, and the product was amazing. The sound produced from his hands and mouth caused whatever he aimed it at to crumble. It was incredible, I can do so much with this... 

Said male was currently standing on top of a building, enjoyed the peace surrounding him before he ruined it. He had nothing special planned, but he intended to cause more trouble. Everything was working towards his goal, and he would die to make sure he got there if he had and things came to that at any point. (Y/n) took everything going on seriously and had no intention of backing down anytime soon. 

Not having his team around him was starting to set in and take its toll, but he could handle it. If they wanted, they could go back to the way things were before, to an extent. They could try to mend their past relationships, they could slowly sink back into the crowd— they wouldn't have to live as they do now; like how (Y/n) always will. He wanted to give them that chance, and no matter how terrible it made him feel, a small part him wished they wouldn't take that opportunity.

"Game time," (Y/n) muttered.

The young man jumped off the building head first and screamed, destroying everything around him. The windows of all the buildings almost instantly began to shatter. He had chosen a rather high building to give him more time. He rubbed his hands together before bringing them up to his mouth to make the loon impression. The ears of the people below began to bleed as all the inanimate objects began to crumble. 

Those in their cars on the street felt their behinds hit the ground as their cars and trucks became sand beneath them. When he was about to hit the ground, he inhaled and blew out of his mouth with incredible strength, giving him the ability to take away the momentum and land on his feet seamlessly. 

He continued his reign of terror as several heroes arrived to attempt to take care of him yet again. The thing was, he hadn't seen any of these heroes in a very long time. Turns out that everyone was starting to get that the younger heroes were having trouble with him and ended up calling in the veterans and older heroes. 

The first one to come at him was Kamui Woods, who he remembered to always be rather impulsive with his fighting style. This caused (Y/n) to grin as he quickly pieced together how to take him down. Kamui Woods was more woods than human, therefore the loon impression would crumble him partially. (Y/n) brought his hands up to his mouth and blew, disintegrating the wood hero's arms and even legs.

The next person to come at him was Mt. Lady, who never impressed (Y/n) at all. (Y/n) didn't need an analysis for her, as for most heroes at this point. He just screamed and it was over with— Oh. The younger heroes, along with a couple more veterans arrived and all rushed him at once. He knew he was good, but this was a fight he might not win. He decided to fall back.

A wave of fire and ice flew past him and collided with some of the heroes, catching all of them off guard. Explosions went off and (Y/n) noted the red hair quickly move past him and take down two rookie heroes and an older one like nothing. (Y/n) was shocked. Where did the other three even come from? 

· · · 

Todoroki wasn't thinking. He ran into the fight without a second thought once he saw the position (Y/n) was in. Or at least that's what he wanted to tell himself. He actually just ran to (Y/n) as soon as he saw his lover. Wait, can I still call him that?

"Whatever the fuck you're thinking about doesn't matter right now, Half 'n Half!" Bakugou yelled. 

The rather explosive male saw the look on his face immediately and knew he had to stop his train of thought before it got them captured. Todoroki understood this and went back to fighting alongside the other three. They were together and functioning just like they had before, but that didn't last. 

Towards the end of the fight, the four were separated. Most of the heroes had fallen back, but the fight had to be broken up between them for that to happen. By the time everything was said and done, they were so far apart that only the three of the four with the ability to contact on another could meet up.

When Todoroki, Bakugou, and Kirishima met up later without (Y/n), it was easy to tell they were all frustrated. (Y/n) was right there next to them and they let him go without a trace. They were at square one, but that was how things worked, I guess.

(Welp, that's the chapter! Anyway, I'm still going on the schedule, but I think I'm going to upload three chapters everytime the due date comes around. Also, if the story isn't finished by summer then I'll probably make the schedule more frequent because I'll have more time. There's also a chance that I'll have updating sprees at some point [I'll go into detail later]. I'm still in school, surprise surprise, so I'll most likely update frequently during my next break. 'Last thing, if any of you have a song you would like to request to be at the top of the chapter, just comment the name and artist!)

(This Was 1372 Words!)

(Extra:)

"Wow," (Y/n) muttered as he panted, "just wow."

"You've got a lot of nerve just leaving like that,"

"..."

"I'm just glad we're back together, though,"

"Shouto... You know I love you, that's why I tried to give you a second chance,"

"Maybe, but I'd much rather just stay by your side,"

"... Alright,"

"Oh, and I love you too, (Y/n),"