Chapter Eight: Active Heart

"Dr. Takeyama," the older called worriedly, "excuse me for the confrontation, but this doesn't seem like a good idea."

"Calm down," she smiled at him, "we can't destroy or dismantle it without setting it off, so the best thing we can do is hide it where no one will find it."

The older man could feel himself gain a cold sweat. "Please, remind me why we cannot just bury it?"

"City landscapes are constantly changing," she foretold, "one day if the government chooses to uproot this place or wherever we bury it, they'll hit the U.D.S."

"And you're absolutely sure that we can't rent a boat and drop it in the ocean?" he wondered desperately.

"I already told you," Dr. Takeyama informed him as she continued, "the salt would make it malfunction, which would also set it off."

"If you insist..." the older man left the room, hoping to at least change out of his everyday clothing before the procedure. "there is at least a way to make sure there are no scars, correct?"

"Of course," Dr. Takeyama sounded much too cheerful, "now, go change, and please get (Y/n)."

"Okay, doctor," the older man held back a sigh.

What they were doing as so sick. He was ashamed that he was okay with it all. Something about all of this just gave him such a thrill. Despite being thrown around like a doll here, he felt fulfilled being here. He felt fulfilled experimenting on children.

He continued down the corridor, soon reaching (Y/n)'s containment space. The older man knew he felt some sympathy for the kid, but not enough to ultimately skew his motives. Besides, it wasn't like anything bad could happen to him, anyway. He was protected, and he had been for several years. The kid, on the other hand...

He lifted the kid and rested him on his hip after entering the room. The older man carried him to the lab where Dr. Takeyama carefully handling her device. Before he entered the room, he mumbled a fake "sorry" to (Y/n). The young boy was confused by the gesture, but ignored it. He was more curious about what he was going to do with the lady today.

"Here he is," the older man announced, "I'm going to head out and get lunch. Do you want anything?"

"No thank you," Dr. Takeyama responded, taking (Y/n) from his arms.

"Alright, see you in a bit," he said before leaving. 

Dr. Takeyama nodded in acknowledgment. She strapped (Y/n)'s arms and legs down, and talked to him while she applied anesthesia. When she knew he was out like a light, she picked up one of her several scalpels.

· · · 

"Now, just re-explain to me what this thing does?" the owner of the building asked after (Y/n) was dropped off.

"The U.D.S. is a device I made many years ago," Dr. Takeyama said, "I abandoned the plan thanks to better judgment. I was unable to destroy the trigger without setting it off, so we hid it."

"And you hid it in the kid?" the owner of the building tried to clarify.

"Yes," Dr. Takeyama answered, "he's going to buried down here for the rest of his life, so no one will ever know."

"I guess," the owner of the building sighed, "is there anything else we should know about our first patient?"

"Here." Dr. Takeyama handed him a pill bottle. "Give these to him regularly. They will keep him from being able to use his quirk."

"Alright," the owner of the builder nodded, "is that all?"

"I guess," Dr. Takeyama smiled at him, "that is, unless you have any other questions."

"Actually..."

· · ·

Mt. Lady was at a meeting with some of her fellow heroes. Mayhem had been inactive for a while again, and they'd learned from past experience that that was never a good thing. Whenever they went inactive, something big either happened with them or they were about to do something big to those around them. 

They were attempting to come up with a plan to deal with the whole squad. Their main order of business was to shut down the most important player on their team. It seemed like it would be their leader, (Y/n), but on the other hand, there were reasons to believe any one of them could be the key to stopping them. 

"So," Kamui Woods exhaled dramatically, "who do you guys think the real kingpin is?"

Several of the younger heroes froze when Kamui Woods looked in their direction. Everyone understood that the people involved (as well as just Mayhem as a whole) were a sore topic for some of the younger heroes. Especially now that there had been so many losses...

"I know that we've been debating it, but I'm pretty sure that it's (Y/n)," Yaoyorozu said quietly. 

"Now that you mention it, around the time before they left..." Jiiro paused, "wasn't there a lot happening with (Y/n)?"

"Eraser-Head found him wandering the downtown area, right?" one of the older heroes asked, "from what I heard, (Y/n) didn't remember how he'd gotten there."

"He also met up with his biological father and brother, right?" Yaoyorozu added.

"Yeah, I was there..." Mina got quiet, "Bakugou was there, too, but we were both confused... Bakugou didn't know anything."

The room got quiet again as they all thought about that. It didn't take long for them all to slowly shift their gazes towards Deku. He had been extremely quiet the whole time, not giving any insight. This would be okay, seeing as several of the heroes were quiet during this discussion, that said... Deku was the 'number one hero' and one of the only people sort of close to the two main people being spoken about.

"I don't think Kacchan knew..." Deku trailed off, "I mean, I don't anyone other than (Y/n) did..."

"Why?" Uraraka questioned, "that doesn't make any sense... How could they not know?"

"It's my quirk, voice manipulation. I can manipulate my voice and other people's, I can use certain words as commands that cannot be denied, and just as a perk, I can pick out any voice or voices I want and listen to them. It's a pretty great quirk if you ask me, though it has made my life a total hell."

"-I can use certain words as commands that cannot be denied-"

"Do you remember when (Y/n) told us how his quirk works?" Deku asked, "he mentioned being able to use simple commands or something like that."

No other words needed to be said. They all knew what he was implying. That said, that doesn't mean that Mina Ashido, Sero Hanta, or Kaminari Denki like it.

(That was this chapter, guys! Please comment and tell me what you think! If you liked it, vote, and stay tuned for more! Aside from that, I wanted to apologize for the small update... I haven't really had a lot of time. I'm currently doing testing, so my time to write and even be on the app has been short. I'll try to get more chapters out next month!)

(This Was 1252 Words!)

(Extra:)

"Actually..." the owner of the building asked, "what exactly is this U.D.S.?"

"An old mechanism of mine — It stands for Underground Detanator System," Dr. Takeyama informed him.

"Detanator?" the owner of the building sounded concerned, "and the trigger is in his heart?"

"Yes," Dr. Takeyama smiled, "but I've really got to be on my way. I'll see you around, Sekijiro."