Chapter Three: n.m. - MaC

"What do you mean, 'they have the kid?'" Endeavor growled, almost like an animal at the news he had just received. 

"Exactly what it sounds like, sir," one of Endeavor's old sidekicks sighed, "the email confirming it came in a few minutes ago from the new Gang Orca Agency."

Endeavor ran a hand through his hair; he was too tired for this. The former father of three, now of four had not been sleeping well lately. It was too early in the morning to deal with this case anyway. A missing child was one thing, he'd be okay if that was the case, but this was different. The troubling villain who rivals All For One's ability has taken another victim to experiment on.

"Have any of the other agencies gathered any new information on The Scientist?" Endeavor wondered aloud, already gaining a headache from thinking of the troublesome outlaw.

His old sidekick scratched the back of his head, "Well sir, yes—but at the same time, not exactly."

"What the hell does that mean?" Endeavor questioned impatiently.

"We don't have confirmation, but a professor from Seiai Academy was watching the last time we encountered The Scientist on tape, and thinks they have some guesses for what the villain's quirk is."

"Go on..." Endeavor sounded mildly interested.

"Here's the file he sent, sir," the sidekick handed him the yellow folder and stepped out of the office.

Endeavor didn't pay it any mind and started to read through the papers. He didn't even bother process the information given to him; it was such bullshit that it was impossible. Mind control, are you serious? This is why heroes don't take information from civilians, other than witnesses—it's more often than not a waste of time.

· · ·

"I took care of the Seiai Academy professor, as well as delivered the file," the older man informed the scientist, who was currently working with a special specimen, "who's that? I don't remember this one."

"Hm? Oh, I just created this guy from scratch!" Dr. Takeyama stated in an excited voice, "I call it Neito. What do you think?"

"I think it's quite the charmer," the older man smiled, "what will its purpose be?"

"It's going to be sent out to accomplish the same job as (Y/n)," she foretold, "(Y/n)'s a little unstable, so I'm hoping for Neito here to be a surefire."

"That's a good idea, having a backup," her assistant nodded, "what is its quirk?"

"I gave it a simple one," Dr. Takeyama started, "I injected it with the Copy quirk. It's not too special, but he should blend in with his peers."

"Speaking of which, how do you plan to ensure... his delivery into the world?" the assistant wondered aloud. 

"Easy," Dr. Takeyama sighed in relief as she finished injecting all the needed mixtures into her artificially made baby, "I want you to perform the classic door drop."

"Tonight?" he tried not to sound like he was whining.

"Yes," she said sharply, "make sure to drop him into a rather wealthy neighborhood, by the way. The richer the family, the more likely he is to get into U.A. when he's older."

"Got it," her assistant noticed something, something he could correct. He didn't.

Dr. Takeyama inserted the wrong *MaC into Neito. He could have stopped her and made sure that she put in the real one instead of the faulty prototype, but he just let her. Something told him that maybe all the madness she was causing would be stopped if only (Y/n) was effected. Perhaps this was his thanks to the world for not letting him get caught. Neito might live a semi-normal life, thanks to this.