Chapter Seven

Tiana

I woke up the the sweet aroma of coffee and bacon. My stomach growls in anticipation. God I missed dinner last night..... It's been two weeks since that horrible night. I still cannot believe I was pushing myself on a man that doesn't even...... ugh! Tiana don't think about it. I begged myself. I pushed the covers from my body and slid from the comfort of my bed. I made a detour to the bathroom before heading to the kitchen.

Cathy was standing around the stove dressed in a pair of black thongs and a baby tee blouse.... Her hair was pulled back in a pony tail.

I scrunched up my nose. "Your body should always be covered when preparing a meal." I said sitting around the island.

"Welcome back to the land of the living." She said over her shoulder. She danced over to the cupboard for a cup.

"When did you come in?" I asked ruffling my hair.

"Five hours ago.... you were out. I tried to wake you but..... you sleep dead." She deadpan as she pours some coffee into the cup. My mouth waters as I waited patiently.

"I was tired." I said.

"You need to cut back on some of those shifts." She placed the cup of coffee in front of me. I snatched it up.

I shrugged.

"You free tonight?"

"Yea." I answered suspiciously.

"Good!"

"I agree. I can get some sleep."
"No.... you and I are going out missy."

"Cathy I can't....."

"Yes you can, You have the night off..... and besides you have a date."

I choked. "A date? What?"

"Yes.... I set up a double date.... for us. You and Nolan, me and Austin." She said turning off the stove.

"Cathy...."

"Tiana.... It's just a date.... one date can't hurt."

"But I'm not ready!" I protested. Is that so? Two weeks ago you were ready to crawl into bed with a man waaaaaay out or your league.

I bang my head against the table.

"You're more than ready. It's been a year Tiana. It's time to move on. Its not like I'm telling you to have sex with the guy."

I lift my head up. Cathy's lips were pressed into a thin line. I licked my lips. "Can I at least think about it?"

"No." Cathy leans on the counter, staring at me. I flushed.

"..... um Cathy....."

She continues staring at me weirdly. I nibbled on my lips underneath her scrutinizing expression. I've never seen this look on her face before. What was she thinking? Cathy looks away after a few seconds with a sad expression. I wonder why?

"You're really beautiful you should stop doubting yourself." Cathy says... her voice husky.

Um thanks.... Cathy's body was rigid. She clears her throat. Throwing down the hand towel on the counter she turns to me with a strained smile on her face. "I'm gonna go take a shower and get ready for class." She said, her expression blank.

"Oh... okay." I said awkwardly.

She raked her fingers through her hair a troubled look on her face. She trudged away after a few seconds of tensed silence. I stared at her retreating back. What the hell was that about anyways?