Chapter Fifty-Six

Tiana

I was annoyed, Tristan was standing at the door, as if he were stuck in a trance. His eyes, scrutinized the person on the other side of the door. Sighing, I pushed myself out of the couch.

"Babe, who's at the door?" I asked, walking sluggishly over to the door. I was exhausted, I haven't slept a wink last night. I poked Tristan in his side, he moves out of the way, allowing me to see the person on the other side.

I gasped in shock, this couldn't be real. "Mel?" I asked, my tongue was  heavy in my mouth. Gone was the lanky, awkward teenager, replaced by a stunning young lady. She was dressed in a jumper and a pair of brown, knee length boots. Her hair was styled in a bob. I would know my sister anywhere.

Her lips turns up in a nervous smile. Tristan allows her to come inside. "Tiana." She said. She stretched her arms out coming in for a hug, but I backed away. Shaking my head violently. Hurt flashed in her eyes. I turned away, walking further into the room. "Tiana it's me."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, pivoting on my heels. I faced her.

"Um... I came to visit my sister obviously."

"Your sister?" I said In distaste. ".... so now I'm your sister. After you walked away from me all those years ago? Sorry darling, but my sister is dead to me." I said coldly.

Her eyes tears up. "Tiana!"

I bolted to my bedroom. Slamming the door shut. I slid down to the floor. Why is this happening to me?

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

It was the door. I didn't dare move. I just sat there with my back pressing against the door.

"Tiana. Can you just please open the door?" She waited, with baited breath, for my reply. Which never came. "I just wanna talk to you."

I kept my mouth shut. Nibbling on my lips.

"Please pumpkin. Open the door." She begs.

I wrapped my arms around my leg. Rocking, back and forth like a lunatic.

"..... I'm an horrible sister. I shouldn't have left you behind like that.... I know. At that time I wasn't capable of doing anything. Angela wouldn't have allowed me, to take you with me. I've regretted walking away for so many years. I was so worried, I was scared for your life. I tried reaching out to you a couple years back, but my letters were returned.... I couldn't get in contact with you.... Tiana.... please." My sister sighs. ".... I deserve this. J... just... I'm gonna leave my number with your boyfriend alright... give me a call whenever you're ready to talk...." I heard her sniffle. "Okay pumpkin?"

I kept quiet. I heard her shuffling down the hall. A couple seconds later, I heard the front door close. Getting up off the floor, i opened the door. I stumbled backwards.

Tristan was leaning against my mother's bedroom door. His expression was impassive.
"Is um...."

"Yes. She left her number it's on the kitchen counter. She is also staying at an hotel....."

"I don't really care. I don't wanna talk to her."

"Why?"

"I just don't care Tristan! She left me behind all those years ago and then she expects to waltz back into my life like nothing happened."

"I'm sure she doesn't expect that. You should give her a chance."

"Why should I? Didn't you hear a thing, I just said?"

"I did. She must have had a reason for leaving. You, yourself said, she was tired of watching Angela abuse you and not having anything to say about it."

"Yes but...."

"She left for a reason Tiana. Your sister deserves a second chance. You should hear her out."

"I don't have to do shit! Last time I check, you ain't the boss of me! So stop bossing me around."

"What? I was not bossing you around."

"You were! You're basically telling me that I should just forgive her. Act as if nothing happened!"

"I never said that! I only said you should give her a chance!"

"Well I don't fucking want to! Would you just lay the fuck off and stop breathing down my neck! This is none of your fucking business anyways so just keep your views to your fucking self." I shouted at him.

Now that was just going way too far. I stiffen.

"Yeah you're right. None of this is my business." Tristan said coldly.

A chill ran through my body, at his tone. Turning he stalks off. I didn't mean that. I was just.... I wanted to stop him, but I couldn't. My legs were frozen. I heard the front door slammed shut the second time that evening. My legs buckled, I leaned against the wall for support.

I didn't mean what I just said. Please come back....

Sorry for the late update. I was swamped with work and other shit. Thanks for stopping by.