Chapter Eleven

Tristan

Okay this is just plain awkward. I picked Tiana up half an hour ago... we were just cruising on the high way not saying a thing. I kept my eyes on the road because well I'm driving. I'm not the stare and drive kind of guy.

"So?" Tiana says breaking the silence.

"So." I repeated.

"This is awkward."

"As I said last night, it doesn't have to be awkward if you don't want it to be." I said, taking a turn. We once again fell in silence.

After another fifteen minutes of silence Tiana turns on the radio. Whitney Huston voice comes on over the radio and she leans back humming along with her. We reached the festival two hours later, there was traffic and a little rain.... if the road was clear we could have reached here an hour earlier but oh well. I pulled the key from the engine.

Tiana was snoring softly, her head was pressed against the glass.

Leaning over I shook her gently. She groans and her head rolls to the side. My heart thumps inside my chest and I squeezed the steering wheel. This is ridiculous. She sighed and I turned my attention back to her.

She is real cute when she sleeps. Her face was completely relaxed. I reached over, brushing her hair from her face. She stirs, her eyes opens slowly. I quickly pulled my hand away and stared outside.

"Are we there.... oh! We are here." She said, stating the obvious.

I cleared my throat. Fumbling around in my pocket, I searched for my cigarettes. "Smoking is bad for you." Tiana said snatching the pack of cigarettes from my hand.

I glared at her. "What are you my mum?" I snapped.

"You can always call me mommy if you wanna." She purrs.

I snorted a laugh. "Gimme back my cigarettes."

"No can do." She said shaking her head. Her black hair whipping to the sides.

I sighed. "Tiana." I said.

"Tristan." She said, her eyebrows arch.

I lunged at her and she squeals squirming in her seat. I wrapped my arms around her waist... she tries to push the door open but I slammed it shut. "Lemme go!"

"Gimme back my cigarettes!"

"No!" She said.

I grabbed her wrist and she wriggled. Her lips were so close, if I leaned forward I could steal a kiss.... focus Tristan! Remember it was a one time thing! Tell that to my lower half.... her head bumps against mine and we both hissed at the same time. Tiana used that to slid out from underneath my arm.

She bolted from the car slamming the door shut. I rubbed my forehead. Fuck that hurts. Pocketing my keys I slid from the car.

Tiana was backing away, her eyes wide.

"Tiana I swear to God, if you don't give me those right now..... i'll....."

She didn't move, she stares at me. "You're sexy when you're angry." She said licking her lips.

Did she just, wait I'm I hearing right? Tiana gives me a cheeky grin before running towards the entrance for the festival. Damn it I got distracted again.

I raked my fingers through my hair before following behind her.

Tiana was standing in front of a booth not so far away, staring at a life size teddy bear. She was practically glowing.