Chapter Fifty-Seven

Tiana

When Tristan returned back to the house, he didn't come to the room. He stayed in the hall, for the rest of the night. I cried myself to sleep that night, listening to him tapping away on his laptop.

The next morning when I walked out into the living room. Tristan was still tapping away furiously on his laptop. A couple books were spread out in front of him on the coffee table. I opened and closed my mouth. I didn't know what to say to him. He probably hates me. Tristan flicks the cigarette between his fingers.

He didn't look up when I shuffled towards the fridge, which really hurts.. He just continued typing. Ignoring me. After some time, he closed his laptop lid and disappeared down the hall. I should probably follow him, make things right. Even if I followed him, what exactly, I'm I gonna say to him?

Whatever it's no use anyways. I fucked up. I pulled open the fridge door. Staring at the contents in the fridge. My stomach churns, I'm not hungry. I don't know how long I stood there, staring at the food stuff in the kitchen....

I only snapped out of my thoughts when Tristan treads back into the room. I cleared my throat. Tristan stops mopping, at his hair with the towel, he looks up at me.

"You never came to bed last night." I said, accusingly.

Nice one Tiana. Nice one. I wanted to slap myself on the head. After all this is my fault. He didn't come to bed last night, because of me and my immaturity. I shifted, nervously under his glare.

"Mhmm I had work to do, and I needed some space."

I stiffen. Usually when a person say they need space, they're contemplating breaking up with their significant other. Did I really fucked up that badly? I didn't mean to fuck this up. I clenched and unclenched my fist.

"Oh. Uh..... I see."

Tristan sat down heavily in the couch. Opening the lid of his laptop, he boots up the screen. Once again, I opened and closed my mouth. I didn't know how to put my thoughts into words.

"If you have something to say, just say it."

I turned my back to him. I know I was wrong last night. Going off on him like that. I just.... I gripped the edge of the counter. I just don't know how to do this. I'm so new to this. And I'm scared. I don't want to push him away. I squeezed my eyes shut, shaking my head from side to side. My hair whips into my face. I felt Tristan's arms wraps around my middle. My body tenses up.

"T... Tristan?"

"Mhmm?" He answered. He rest his forehead on my shoulder. I didn't dare move. All I could smell was his expensive body wash, teasing my nostrils.

".... aren't you mad at me?" I blurted out.

"I wish I was. You really hurt my feelings last night."

"I'm sorry. I... I didn't mean to. I just...."

"Mhmm it's okay. No need to apologize. I wasn't mad in the first place. I don't want to be like your ex.... I don't want you to feel trapped in this relationship." He said.

"I could never feel trapped with you. You're my rock." I blurted out once more.

Tristan presses a kiss to my collarbone. His hold loosens. Tristan turns me around, pushing me against the counter. He lifts me on top of the counter. His lips covers mine without hesitation. I whimpered in glee.

It's only been a couple hours but still..... I missed his warm embrace. Tristan's tongue teases my lower lip. He sucks, it into his mouth. I groaned against his lips. Tristan wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to his chest. I toyed with the drawstrings of his sweats. Rubbing myself against him. After some time, he pulls away.

"I'm still a little bit hurt." He said, with puppy dog eyes.

I flushed, feeling a little bit guilty. "What can I do to make it up to you?"

Tristan beams at me. "I was hoping you would ask that question!"

He smiles wolfishly at me.

Oh dear god, I just created a monster.

Bleh.... 😪