Chapter Thirty-Nine

😞

Tristan

Tiana: I was intrigued by your erm.... demeanour. You were just.....

I leaned back in my chair, staring at the ceiling. Can I even respond to that? She didn't even finish that text before she sent it to me. I raked my fingers through my hair, groaning. This girl has me wrapped around her fingers.

"Buzz"

Grabbing the remote for the gate, I pressed down on the green button. I should have probably check to see who it was but honestly I didn't care. Pushing back my chair, I snatched my phone from the desk. I walked out of my office, taking a left turn, I made my way down the staircase. I need some coffee. I tread into the kitchen.

Throwing my phone on the counter, I sauntered over to the cupboard. Grabbing a clean cup from the cupboard, I poured myself a cup of strong black coffee.

The coffee warms my hands, I leaned against the cupboard staring out the window. I took a sip of the warm beverage in my hand. I should probably go and see who I just let in. I took another sip of my coffee before placing it on the counter beside my phone.

I ambled over to the sliding door. Pulling the door open, I slid outside. A head of white hair was what greeted me. I took a cautious step forward.

"Tiana?" I said, with uncertainty.

Her head, swivels around. It was her. I hurried over to her. As I got closer I realized all the color had drained from her face. She wasn't looking so hot today. Her left hand was clutched her chest. Her phone sat between her legs on the grass. I picked it up, pocketing it immediately.

"Tiana." I said again.

She didn't answer. Her mouth was open, but no sound left her lips. I pulled her into my arms.

"Hey! Stay with me..." I said patting her cheeks. She looks like she was gonna pass out any time now. "Come on take deep breaths."

I pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Come on baby, deep breaths for me."

She takes a deep breath in response. My arms tightens around her. What could have ticked her off like this? She pushes her face in the crook of my neck, shaking uncontrollably. Jesus. I hoist her up into the air, bridal style. I ambled over to the door, gingerly. I didn't want to drop her. Her small hands fisted into my shirt. I swear to God if it's her ex again, I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind whether Tiana likes it or not.

I placed her on the couch in the sitting room, as gently as possible. Tiana whimpers in protest when I tried to move away.

"P... please hold me." She croaked.

"Okay." I said. I sat down in the couch beside her, she wriggles closer. I threw my arms on the back of the couch, she cuddles close. Wrapping her arms around my middle. She threw her legs over my lap. I pressed another kiss to her forehead, I felt her shivered against me. I tugged on a few strands of her hair.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked.

She lets out a strangled groan.

"I'll take that as a no."

I rubbed her knuckles soothingly.

"I.... I have to go back home." She said, after sometime.

I stiffen. ".... home? Why?" I demanded, tightening my hold around her finger. I didn't want her to leave. If she left then.... then there would be no us.