Chapter Thirty

Tiana

The next day

"Holy shit! I'm late!" I shrieked.

Cathy groans. "My head!" She whines.

She was stretched out in the couch, with a pack of frozen peas on top of her head.

I snorted. "Serves you right. I told you to cut back on the drinks."

"Like I could. You don't know how it feels being close to the person you truly love and not being able to own, touch them in public." She said, her voice hoarse.

I sling my bag over my shoulders. "Is this about Jason?"

"No... I mean.... erm yes!" She said, in a panicked tone.

"Well he is an ass hat. I mean who wouldn't wanna date a gal like you? You're smart, funny, beautiful, quirky, weird, ravishing..... and very adventurous...." Where the hell are my keys?

Cathy's smile was strained. "If you were in my shoe what would you do?"

"I would tell him how I truly feel." I said, placing my hands on my hips. I tilt my head to the side.

"I can't do that!"

"Yes you can. Besides you're Catherine Valdez.... the girl who always gets what she wants." I flicked her on the nose. ".... I gotta go now.... I have an early shift at the Café-cupz. I'll see you when I get back."

"Okay." Cathy murmurs.

Grabbing my keys from the coffee table I dropped them inside my pocket. I hurried out the door, oh god my boss is gonna kill me!

__________________________________________________________________________

Six hours later.

"What are you doing here?"

Taylor removes his sunglasses folding his legs. "I came to have lunch obviously...." I clenched down on the notebook. ".... I honestly never took you for the waitress type." He said, his lips turns up in a mischievous smile.

I was not expecting this. What the hell is he doing here?

"What. Can. I. Get. You."

"I don't know, I haven't checked the menu as yet. How about you join me?"

"I'll not be joining you."

His eyes skims over me, I shuddered in disgust. "Jesus you look good. You've lost a lot of weight. Gotta say I'm proud of you. You're Rocking that outfit by the way. I love the hair too." He said winking at me.

"I thought you left."

"Now why would i leave when you're still here? You know I'm thinking about enrolling at that public college...."

Great just what I needed.

"If you don't need anything then I'm gonna go."

"You know you can just ditch this rat hole. I have more than enough money to sustain you for the rest of your life."

"Oh how generous of you."

"I've always been kind to you. Baby...." I cringed. "... you know I still love you right?"

Stay calm Tiana. Stay calm. I smiled. "Sir is that all?"

"No not at all. When do you get off?"

"That's none of your goddamn business!" I hissed.