Chapter Forty-Two

Tristan

Three hours forty five minutes later

"So what do you think?" Tiana asked, as we trudged out of Donald Sangsters International Airport.

"It's okay." I said, shrugging. ".... also it's scorching! I feel like I'm standing in a desert."

Tiana snorts a laugh.

Using my hands to block the sun, I pivot on my heels. Taking in the beautiful scene all at once. There wasn't much to see.... only a couple of cars line off on the sidewalk, awaiting passengers. "It lives up to its reputation. The view is simply magnificent." I said.

Tiana pulls her hair, back into a pony tail. "I'm guessing you're gonna wanna do some touring."

"We never came here for vacation, remember?"

"Baby, if you wanna tour then you can tour."

"Baby?" I asked, wide eyed.

Tiana flushes. "Uh... um... i...."

A car honked behind us. Tiana looks over her shoulder with glee. She was thankful for the distraction. A dark colored skin man stepped out of the vehicle. He puffs a large cloud of smoke from his lips.

"Gud Evening." The man said, in raw patois. He leans against his car, crossing his legs. (Good evening)

"Good evening."

"Need a lift?" The man asked.
Sure you heading to Montego Bay?" Tiana inquires.

"Anyweh yuh need fi guh, mi a yuh guy." The man replies.

I was a little bit confused. I understand just a little bit of what he just said. (Anywhere you need to go, I'm your guy)

Tiana's lips twitched. "Oh zeen. Mi waah yuh drop wi off a courts." I was intrigue. I've never heard Tiana speak in patois before. Her accent was sultry. Soft and sweet like honey. (Oh okay. I want you to drop us off at courts)

The man was taken aback. "Yuh cum fram ya?" (You come from here?)

"Yeh." She answers. Rocking on the balls of her feet. (Yes)

The man nods. "Welcome back."

"Thank you."

The man, stubs the cigarette under his heel bottom. He stalk towards us. "Mek mi help enuh wid di bags." He said. (Let me help help you with your bags)

Tiana handed over her bags, wordlessly. She then loops her arms with mine. I stared at her in confusion.

"He wants to help with the bags." She said in standard English.

"Um... okay." I said.

The man takes my bags as well. Bringing them over to his car. Tiana tugs me forward.

"How comes I'm just hearing you speak Creole?" I asked, feeling a little bit jealous.

"Jealous?"

"No, not in the least. Just taken aback."

"Uh huh."

I open the car door. "After you." I said.

she released her hold on me. Sliding into the car. I followed behind her. After the man was finish securing our stuff in the back of the car he joined us. Without a word, he started up the vehicle. Tiana leans her head against my shoulder. I began stroking her hair.

"I'm so tired." She groans.

"Then sleep." I said.

She snorts. "Do you know where we are going?" She asked starkly.