Chapter Forty-Seven

This chapter is dedicated to @YzcelTheWorld thanks for your words of encouragement earlier. You're the best!!! 😘

Tristan

"Here. I brought you something." Tiana said, sliding into the front seat.

She pushed a white and blue striped gift bag in my arms. My eyebrows furrows in confusion.

"You didn't have to get me anything."

"Just accept the damn gift." Tiana said, starting up the car.

Early this morning we visited the hospital. The doctor told her all she needed to know about her mother's condition. Tiana didn't seem to mind much, she was just silent after speaking with the doctor. After that, we stopped off at ATL and rented a sedan. It didn't cost much and I was loving this new car, it reminded me of the one I use to own back in Italy. After renting the car we headed downtown. Tiana did some shopping seeing as the house needed a couple things. Food stuff. Oh we also stopped at Flow to purchase one of those Internet boxes. Our last stop was Sangsters Bookstore.

Tiana took that one though. I didn't go with her. I peeped inside of the bag. There was a green and white book inside, a map of Jamaica was on the center of the book cover. The title was in all caps and painted in gold. "Jamaican Patwah." It read. Taking the book out of the gift bag, I traced my fingers over the title.

"Creole?"

"Yes. You seem intrigue that day when I spoke Creole for the first time. So I brought you a book. It has everything you need to know." She answers. She pivots the car into the left lane, speeding down the road.

I flipped the book open.

"And you should also do some touring." She said, the car comes to an halt. "..... would be a shame to come here and not do some touring. You shouldn't let me hold you back."

"I came here because I wanted to be with you." I said, closing the book.

"I know you did, but isn't there anything you wanna do while you're here?" She asked in exasperation.

"Nope." She takes a U-Turn. The car started down a wide stretch of road. People hustle and bustle about as they hurried down the road towards their destination.

Tiana sighs. "Fine okay! Just know you're not a prisoner, you're free to go out and do your own shit."

"Mhmm." I hummed.

Reaching over I flipped on the radio. The ride back to her mother's house was filled with silence. We didn't say much. Half an hour later we pulled up in front of the house. After parking the car, we grabbed the things from the car and stroll inside of the house.

"Hungry?" Tiana asked, when we placed the things on the counter.

"Yes i could eat." I replied.

"Thought you would say that." She said, smiling.

I picked up the gift bag along with the white plastic bag, which has in the Internet box. I dropped them in the couch.

"What ya planning to make?"
"Ackee, salt fish and round dumplings."