Chapter Twenty

Tristan

Two hours later

"So you're an illegitimate." She fished.

I tensed that was the last thing, I wanted her to know about me. I didn't want her to look at me with pity.

I kept my mouth shut, rubbing my temple. I didn't want to have to snap at her.

"I'm not judging, just asking a question."

"What do you expect me to say Tiana?"

"Nothing. Sometimes parents do some fucked up shit, not caring how it affects their child. I'm sorry you had to go through that."

I gritted my teeth in annoyance. "I don't need your pity." I snapped.

I pushed the sheets from my body, not looking at her. Sitting up I grabbed the pack of cigarettes I had on the bedside.

"You should go, wouldn't want Cathy or anyone else to see you fraternizing with the enemy."

"I don't care." She said. She grabs the box from my hand and I glared at her.

"Look Tiana, certain things you should just leave alone. It doesn't concern you." I snapped at her. She wraps the sheets around her body.

My heart pounded against my chest. Why the hell I'm I suddenly feeling this way. She touches my scared cheeks and I flinched from her touch.

She clears her throat. "I know what it feels like to be an outcast. I've lived my whole entire life as an outcast."

I didn't reply I just stared at her. She turns her back to me.

"I was a mistake.... couple years ago my mother cheated on her husband with her drug dealer.... I was the result. I grew up thinking that my mother's husband was my father until a couple years later. One DNA test changed everything. The man I thought was my father left.... ever since he walked away from her, my mother blamed me for the divorce..... and everything. She channelled her hatred towards me... she abused and fucked me up in more than one ways. I remember one time, during high school. I wanted to go on this trip... I can remember that day so well." She smiles, fidgeting. "..... my teacher gave me a consenting form to bring home to my mother. The fee was about two thousand Jamaican dollars. Mom wasn't pleased. I remember her slapping me in the face, shaking me and shouting at me... calling me names. Long story cut short I remember her taking up the fireplace poker. She told her boyfriend to hold me down.... and she just, burnt me with it over and over again." She shakes her head, rubbing the side of her neck. She turns around facing me.

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. "... Did you tell the police?"

"They didn't really care.... sometimes its best to stick to the evil that you know," I reached over, covering her hand with mine.

She smiled and pokes her tongue out. "Now that's pity."

"Why did you share that with me?"

She pushes her hair back, the sheet bunches up around her waist. "Because i can relate...." She said, nonchalantly.

I licked my lips. I wanted to smoke so badly right now. "I lost my mother at the age of seven.... she..." My voice quivers. "... she committed suicide because of my father."

Tiana straddles my lap, hugging me. "... I'm sorry to hear that."

"I was the one who found her. She was just lying there, i... I tried waking her but to no avail.... I just...." She pets my hair.

The tears burned my eyes, I closed my eyes begging myself not to cry. I never allowed myself to grieve when I found out she was dead. I just stood there during her funeral. I watched the men lower her in the grave with a placid expression.

My lips trembled, all the pent up anger and frustration I've held back for years came free.

I clung to Tiana as I sobbed quietly in her arms.

So you finally got a glimpse of Tristan's pass.... What do you think?

Hope you enjoyed it. I know its short but oh well.... See you in the next update. Goodnight or good day.... Lates.