CHAPTER 1

RING - RING

RING - RING

I try to ignore the annoying sound.

RING - RING

RING - RING

I open my eyes a little and throw the alarm clock away, hearing it crash on the floor. I wonder why I even have alarm clocks when I end up breaking every single one of them. My door bursts open.

'Laura get your ass off that bed, its time for school.' I hear my mom shout.

'5 more minutes' I say, covering myself with the covers. I feel myself falling asleep again when all of a sudden, the covers are lifted off and a cold liquid is being poured on my body. I jump off the bed to see my mom holding an empty bowl with a smile on her face.

'what the hell' I shout.

'Take a shower, get dressed, school starts in thirty minutes' she says, walking out.

l take a shower then walk to the dresser. I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I have a pair of light brown eyes, full pouty lips, a small nose, high cheekbones and dark brown hair. I blowdry my hair and apply light make-up. I put on a white off the shoulder top, light blue ripped jeans and brown boots. I make my way out the door.

'Hey sweetie ready to have breakfast? i made pancakes.' my mom says while pushing a plate towards me.

'I'm still mad at you' but as i look at the pancakes in front of me, i can't help but dig in.

'Rides here' my mom says and i get my bag. I make my way out the door.

'Bye' I shout.

Parked in the driveway is my boyfriend, Jake. We have been together for over a year and are regarded as the 'it' couple.

His blonde hair always gleams in the sunlight and his gorgeous blue eyes, don't get me started on those eyes. He is just too perfect, the perfect boy next door. He is the captain of the basketball team, well alongside Dave Cameron but who cares?

I get in the car, kiss him on the lips and he drives off. 'I'm gonna have a great day' I say. Oh how wrong I was.