exchange - yaz x thirteen

"Goodnight, Doc," Graham waved as he disappeared from the console room.

"Yeah, night," Ryan joined, following Graham.

The Doctor smiled at them, then looked at Yaz, expecting her to follow to follow--but she didn't. Yaz stood up straight from where she was leaning on the console panel, and fiddled with her top as she took a deep breath and looked up.

"Hey, um, I just wanted to say thank you for today. It was amazing, terrifying and dangerous. I loved it," She smiled. "So, yeah, thank you."

"No problem, Yaz," She folded her arms and leaned against one of the pillars.

Yaz smiled, before opening her mouth to speak. She didn't, instead walking off to her room.

"Oh God, okay, I can't stand it when people do that," The Doctor ran up to Yaz. "Yaz, what were you going to say? I really won't sleep for the next hundred years if you don't tell me,"

"What?" Yasmin gave a confused smile.

"You opened your mouth to speak. I-I just... It's a new pet peeve, I guess," She mumbled.

The police officer bit her lip. "Well, I just wanted to tell you, that if the time ever came, in some weird situation or whatever, that... I would die for you." Her face flushed red.

"Bold of you to assume I would ever let that happen!" She chuckled, and Yaz rolled her eyes, laughing with her.

Her companion walked off, still laughing. "Goodnight, Doctor."

"Goodnight, Yaz." The Doctor smiled, blushing a bit herself.