cuddles - 13 x yaz

Sunlight flickered through the curtains, seeping through the gaps. Warmth was coated upon their bodies, their legs tangled in each other and the bed sheets. Yaz blinked herself awake, groaning through her nose and stretching her arms above her head. She looked beside her, seeing that the Doctor was peacefully asleep, her head resting in the crook of her neck. Yaz smiled, feeling happy, relaxed and safe. It was all she ever wanted.

But nobody could ever know that this was where she felt happiest. But because her family is Muslim and of a Pakistani descent, she could not tell them. Her mother was extremely traditional and her sister would just use it as an excuse to make fun of her; the only person she could tell would be her father, but even then he'd be quite cringey - he'd try and be all relatable about it, trying to be 'down-with-the-kids'. So it would just be easier to not tell them.

Yasmin kept her eyes on the Doctor. Strands of her creamy blonde hair rested over her closed eyes. Her nose grazed her neck where she was resting, and her arm was draped over the police officer's stomach. Groans broke the silence, and the Doctor's eyes opened, revealing a pool of vibrant green mixed with a soft, chocolate brown. Yaz grinned, and saw the Doctor's lips curl up at the ends in response, showing a cute little dimple. Her eyes drifted from her eyes to behind her, where her clock was.

Yaz was late. Or going to be late, if she didn't get up that moment.

"Doctor, I have to go," She sighed.

The Doctor mumbled into the pillow. "No..."

"I'm sorry," Yaz planted a kiss on her forehead before lifting herself up.

"No..." The Doctor yanked her hand and pulled her back into bed, cuddling her like a koala with a tree. "Just say you're sick,"

"I've done that three times already. I can't use up all my sick days for you, Doctor,"

She raised an eyebrow.

Yaz grinned. "God, I love you, but my job is important,"

"So's staying here with me!" She protested.

"How can I stay off without using another sick day?" Yaz tilted her head and raised her eyebrows.

"I'll use my TARDIS! If we stay in bed there I can just go back in time to the exact point we go into the TARDIS. We could spend days in there if we wanted!" She suggested with puppy eyes.

"God, okay." They both ran into the other room (completely naked) and entered the TARDIS, running towards the nearest bedroom. They were lucky Yaz's family was out for the week.

The TARDIS beeped as they ran through the control room, the Doctor pulling the lever so the space ship could float through space as long as they were in there for whilst she was running through. "Oh, shut up!" The Doctor scoffed in reply to the TARDIS's comment.

The Doctor fell into the mountain of pillows, and Yaz followed. They snuggled next to each other, as close as they could possibly be, falling into the warmth of each other's body. Yaz smiled again. This was her happy place.