questions pt 1 - 13 x yaz

i'm literally uploading like ten fics to wattpad sksksks i've been off for so long sorry!! also wtf?? 2.8k reads?? bitc h wot

"Why are they taking so long?" Yaz huffed to no-one in particular.

"They'll be back soon, Yaz," The Doctor paced back and forth, her mind bombarded with thoughts and questions. Yasmin nearly forgot she was there.

"Okay, I'm bored, and you're not doing anything important-"

"Hey!" She scrunched her face in response.

"-so, we should play a game," She raised an eyebrow.

The Doctor hesitated for a moment, before plopping herself down opposite Yaz, her legs crossed. "What's it about?" She exclaimed excitedly.

"We go back and forth asking each other questions," The Doctor nodded as she spoke. "It can be any question you want,"

"Okay! I'll go first," She thought for a second. "Do you like Ryan?"

"What?!" She gasped. "No. Never. Why would you even-?" She didn't know why she was so defensive about it - it was a fair question.

"I'm only joking, silly," She giggled. "Now, your turn,"

"Alright... What's your favourite memory?"

"Okay. That's hard," She took a deep breath. "There was this time, on Gallifrey, when I spent all day climbing one of the huge mountains. Once I had gotten to the top, it was sunset, and I stayed up all night watching the sky transform before me. It was beautiful. When the second sun rose in the south in the morning, it made the mountains glow, and there was snow-capped slopes of red grass covering every inch of the landscape. The whole planet was vibrant with green forests, golden fields and red deserts. The trees with silver leaves made it seem like the forests were on fire in the morning. I would take you there if I could. It was brilliant, Yaz, it really was," Yaz swore she could've seen a tear form in her eye, but she wiped it away quickly.

"Wow. It must've been wonderful," She smiled sadly.

"Yeah," She wiped away her emotion and returned to her usual self. "Favourite colour?"

"I ask you a question that's deep and meaningful and you reply with that? It's... It's mustard yellow," The police officer chuckled with annoyance. "Okay, right. Why isn't eleven pronounced like 'onety-one'?" She raised her eyebrows.

"You-You can't ask me a question like that, Yaz, I won't be able to sleep for the next five years!" Her face was shocked. "Okay. Where in the nursery rhyme does it say that humpty dumpty is an egg?"

"I feel like you've had that on your mind for a long time,"

"Yeah..." She gulped.

"What's one thing that gives you butterflies?" The brown haired woman broke the silence.

"Ah... When someone laughs at your joke... or... when somebody shows you something they're proud of," The Doctor grinned. The brown haired woman's heart warmed at the sight of seeing the Doctor so happy. "What's your favourite food?"

"Pfft... I love my dad's Sunday roast," Yaz bit her lip. "What would you do if I kissed you right now?"

She smirked. "Hmm.. Depends if you're good or not," The Time Lord swallowed, and Yasmin smirked back. "Have you ever had a pet?"

"A fish when I was five. My sister didn't look after it whilst I was at a school camp and it died," Yasmin explained, before taking a deep breath and shuffling an inch closer to the Doctor. "Are you a top or a bottom?"

"I don't have a bunkbed," Her eyes were innocent and honest. "I'd love one though,"

"Er, Doctor, that's not- that's not what it means-" She stuttered.

"What? What does it mean?" The alien blinked with innocence, then being cut off by the return of Graham and Ryan. They freed them from the alien prison, and they went back to the TARDIS. After a few hours, everyone was relaxing and taking a breather after their last adventure - Yasmin reading a book in her room. The Doctor knocked on her door.

"I looked up what that thing meant. Urban dictionary is an extremely strange yet useful place." She walked towards her bed. "Yeah, don't look at my browser history,"

"So, what are you?" She tilted her head.

"Well, I used to be a man so 'twas kinda difficult to not dominate... but now I'm a woman I could try something different," The Doctor avoided eye contact.

"Hm. Yeah," She paused until the Doctor looked at her. "Always here if you need me," The alien grinned at her subtlety before leaving Yasmin to read her book. Yaz smirked to herself whilst recalling what the hell had just happened.